Kyle Busch WIN
Kurt Busch
Martin Truex Jr
Kevin Harvick
Denny Hamlin

Last edited:

stgislander

PREMO Member
Jim Cantore was saying this morning that the forecast now looks very doubtful that NASCAR will get the race in on Sunday.

OldHillcrestGuy

This is going to stink and will upset Homie, but Im going to be sticking with my 5 drivers that I started with at the beginning of the year, but unfortunately my picks will be just about matching calcopf's pick this week except for Chase Elliott, who I may still kick off my team cause he ain't done $hit lately.

Truex Jr. (1)
Harvick
Busch Ky.
Larson Ky.
Elliott

homedepot20

This is going to stink and will upset Homie, but Im going to be sticking with my 5 drivers that I started with at the beginning of the year, but unfortunately my picks will be just about matching calcopf's pick this week except for Chase Elliott, who I may still kick off my team cause he ain't done $hit lately.

Truex Jr. (1)
Harvick
Busch Ky.
Larson Ky.
Elliott

Calvcopf , Is the one mostly likely upset with your picks ! He can't pick up any ground if you keep "COPYING" his WINNER /Top 5 picks . Something we might want to change next year ???? *** No one can duplicate WINNER picks ALL READY SELECTED , ALL DIFFERENT WINNERS . Early picks will be AT ADVANTAGE . Food for thought , just MY OPINION & speaking out loud

stgislander

PREMO Member
Calvcopf , Is the one mostly likely upset with your picks ! He can't pick up any ground if you keep "COPYING" his WINNER /Top 5 picks . Something we might want to change next year ???? *** No one can duplicate WINNER picks ALL READY SELECTED , ALL DIFFERENT WINNERS . Early picks will be AT ADVANTAGE . Food for thought , just MY OPINION & speaking out loud

Don't like that idea. Calvcopf already places his picks about week in advance. The only way that works is if you are locked in and changes not allowed. How about picks don't open until 24 hours before green flag.

Last edited:

homedepot20

Don't like that idea. Calvcopf already places his picks about week in advance. The only way that works is if you are locked in and changes not allowed. How about picks don't open until 24 hours before green flag.

Sounds GREAT ! We all need to THINK about changing Format or else the pattern becames obivious after a few races

calvcopf

you make a good point HD20, I like the way you're thinking about this.

calvcopf

I have been putting my picks in early, but I might not post them so early from now on....

OldHillcrestGuy

I don't like that idea either. Don't like the idea about 24 hours before putting in picks. Im not a internet junkie and may only check in couple of times a week, plus Im getting old I'd forget to get my picks in. Right from the start of the season you can go back and see that I did say pretty much who my top 5 picks were going to be for the season. Im not a real NASCAR junkie either, I have been really really lucky this year that the 5 drivers I listed back in Febuary have done really great with maybe the exception of Chase Elliott who I almost dropped for this race in favor of Denny Hamlin till I saw Calvcop had Denny.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I like some sort of weighted system where you get a few more points if you pick a driver that finishes 2nd. Then it tapers off till you get to the 5th driver.

The tricky part is getting the number of points awarded so that it's fair and remains competitive. Other options could be just pick 3 drivers and in the order they will finish. If you nail the driver and the placement you get a kicker, otherwise you get the single point for having someone in the top 3. Say maybe 8 additional points if you select the winner, 5 extra for picking the correct 2nd place driver and 3 extra points for correctly picking the 3rd place driver.

Prior to getting involved in this pool, I thought the other drivers had a greater chance of winning each week. It does appear that several of the racers are a lot more capable than the others, which is why we are now pretty much selecting the same drivers.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Sweet.

Vrai was busting on me as I was encouraging the #4 to move up just a tiny bit.