Trump interview with Rona Barrett, 1980

littlelady

God bless the USA
He hasn’t changed. That is why he is the present POTUS. I never saw this interview. Thanks for posting.

PsyOps

Pixelated
This comment struck me:

"Somebody with the kind of views that are maybe a little bit unpopular… wouldn’t necessarily have a chance of getting elected against somebody with no great brain, but a big smile.".

This is core Trump. He has stayed true to this - not doing what's popular, but trying to do what he thinks is right. Doing what's popular has gotten us to this point; which hasn't served the people of this country well. While Trump says some pretty weird things, and while he's awkward, he's aimed at stirring things up. And this has the insiders - that want to keep doing what's popular - in constant search of what to do about this guy.

What has me most annoyed about this anti-Trump thing is, how those (people like McCain, the Bush's, Romney, Graham, etc...) that reject Trump are also rejecting those that voted for him. This is what this said they wanted; and these anti-Trump thugs refuse to accept that.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
This comment struck me:

"Somebody with the kind of views that are maybe a little bit unpopular… wouldn’t necessarily have a chance of getting elected against somebody with no great brain, but a big smile.".

This is core Trump. He has stayed true to this - not doing what's popular, but trying to do what he thinks is right. Doing what's popular has gotten us to this point; which hasn't served the people of this country well. While Trump says some pretty weird things, and while he's awkward, he's aimed at stirring things up. And this has the insiders - that want to keep doing what's popular - in constant search of what to do about this guy.

What has me most annoyed about this anti-Trump thing is, how those (people like McCain, the Bush's, Romney, Graham, etc...) that reject Trump are also rejecting those that voted for him. This is what this said they wanted; and these anti-Trump thugs refuse to accept that.

I'm not annoyed by them. I got over that a long time ago. Trump is Trump. He is the same guy he was back in 1980 as he is today. I find GREAT comfort and satisfaction in that.

I also find great vindication in it. I was a Trump fan from way back - and not many people that I know in real life, much less on this forum - were at the time.

I was rooting for Donald J. Trump for POTUS pretty much as soon as he announced. Although I was rooting for him, I was hedging my bets, because I didn't think what he had to say was going to take off with this country - but I was ecstatic that it did. :yay:

Choochoo baybee! :biggrin:

PsyOps

Pixelated
I'm not annoyed by them. I got over that a long time ago. Trump is Trump. He is the same guy he was back in 1980 as he is today. I find GREAT comfort and satisfaction in that.

I also find great vindication in it. I was a Trump fan from way back - and not many people that I know in real life, much less on this forum - were at the time.

I was rooting for Donald J. Trump for POTUS pretty much as soon as he announced. Although I was rooting for him, I was hedging my bets, because I didn't think what he had to say was going to take off with this country - but I was ecstatic that it did. :yay:

Choochoo baybee! :biggrin:

Don't get me wrong. None of what these people do sways me from my support for Trump. I have serious concerns for the anti-Trump crowd's intentions. All of these calls for impeachment. We're seeing people out there taking matters into their own hands against Trump supporters. The code words from people like Waters and Schumer are taking root. I think so many folks on the GOP side have waiting for an excuse to express their loathing for Trump. And with this Putin summit, they got it.