Trump & Putin Summit

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
...did anyone catch it? I am working, but caught a couple of snippets of things when I left to go to the post office at noon.

Then, in catching headlines at Free Republic, I saw a post talking about a question Putin answered. No story credit attributed, though.

People are absolutely screaming (hello, John -would you just go already McCain!) about this Summit and I haven't anything that was terrible. There are all kinds of people in our government who really have a lot to lose if this kind of thing is true...
Did anyone catch the press briefing this morning? Putin was asked by a reported whether he would be willing to cooperate with the Mueller investigation and a request for extradition of the 12 named intelligence agents accused of infiltrating and manipulation of the US election process.

Putin declared that his government would be willing to allow Mueller investigators access to the 12 Russians in exchange for American cooperation in bringing to justice Clinton associates, including Mueller cohorts involved in illegal business transactions that allegedly took place in Russia, involving, according to Putin's statement, over $400 million dollars that was taken out of the Russia illegally

Did anyone else hear this? This needs to be looked into, and I desperately hope that President Trump's people follow-up on these claims made by Putin. If even remotely true, perhaps it can be acted upon to finally put a stake in the heart of these globalist traitors in our midst.

The link to the tread.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3671305/posts

Hijinx

SamSpade

And of course, Obama Administration's CIA director, John Brennan, is calling Trump's presser, among other things, treasonous AND "impeachable". Good grief, ya freaking drama queen. :drama:

Does he not realize, he's proving Trump's point for him?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
John Brennan is senile and someone needs to do periodic welfare checks on him.

The Left media is having a ####fit and foaming at the mouth, so I'm guessing it was a pretty good summit. I didn't see any of it, though.

transporter

...did anyone catch it? I am working, but caught a couple of snippets of things when I left to go to the post office at noon.

Then, in catching headlines at Free Republic, I saw a post talking about a question Putin answered. No story credit attributed, though.

People are absolutely screaming (hello, John -would you just go already McCain!) about this Summit and I haven't anything that was terrible. There are all kinds of people in our government who really have a lot to lose if this kind of thing is true...

The link to the tread.

So here's a thought...try searching for the transcript? Did that ever cross your mind?

Here is one: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news.../?utm_term=.bac139aafc3d#annotations:14985384

Here is the relevant section:

Moreover, we can meet you halfway. We can make another step. We can actually permit official representatives of the United States, including the members of this very commission headed by Mr. Mueller -- we can let them into the country and they will be present at this questioning.

But in this case, there is a -- there's another condition. This kind of effort should be a mutual one. Then we would expect that the Americans would reciprocate, and that they would question officials, including the officers of law enforcement and intelligence service of the United States, whom we believe are -- who have something to do with illegal actions on the territory of Russia, and we have to -- to request the presence of our law enforcement.

For instance, we can bring up the Mr. Browder in this particular case. Business associates of Mr. Browder have earned over $1.5 billion in Russia. They never paid any taxes, neither in Russia nor in the United States, and yet the money escaped the country. They were transferred to the United States. They sent huge amount of money, $400 million as a contribution to the campaign of Hillary Clinton. Well, that's the personal case. It might have been legal, the contribution itself, but the way the money was earned was illegal.

So we have a solid reason to believe that some intelligence officers accompanied and guided these transactions. So we have a -- an interest of questioning them. We can all -- that -- that could be a first step, and we can also extend it. Options abound, and they all can be found in an appropriate legal framework.

Here is another transcript: https://www.npr.org/2018/07/16/6294...ssian-president-putins-joint-press-conference (contains same language)

Here is an entire article in response: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...6-trump-tower-meeting/?utm_term=.c7e565471942

BTW...if you haven't seen "anything terrible" in Trump's comments...you should really do 1 of 3 things:

1. Open your eyes

2. Turn on your hearing aide

3. If 1 and 2 still fail to reveal anything of concern to you, please depart the country and shred your passport. Follow some of the immigrants you all hate so much. You really don't belong here.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
emote_head_explode.gif .

Too bad, sweetie.

officeguy

So here's a thought...try searching for the transcript? Did that ever cross your mind?

Here is one: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news.../?utm_term=.bac139aafc3d#annotations:14985384

Here is the relevant section:

Here is another transcript: https://www.npr.org/2018/07/16/6294...ssian-president-putins-joint-press-conference (contains same language)

Here is an entire article in response: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...6-trump-tower-meeting/?utm_term=.c7e565471942

Thanks for posting the transcript. It confirms the statements from the freerepublic article.

littlelady

God bless the USA
It doesn’t matter what Trump or Putin said. No matter what was said, the politicians and media had already planned to have a poopfit. Why? Because it is Trump. Just like they had a poopfit before Trump’s SCOTUS pick was even announced. Why? Because it is Trump.

BOP

The link to the tread.

:lmao:

That's awesome!

PsyOps

Pixelated
After chewing on this for a day, some thoughts come to me.

I do think Trump discredited himself for not pointedly telling Putin "We know your people tried to influence our elections. I want to have a meaningful relationship with you, but that can't happen as long as you keep doing this." While none of us have actually seen the evidence that the Russians engaged in trying to manipulate our elections, I have very little reason to doubt the intel. Trump doing what he did really slapped the intel community in the face.

Given that, I do understand what Trump is trying to do; and it's not too different than what Obama tried to do with his Russian reset. I don't think Trump will go to the extent that Obama did with his "I'll have more leverage after my reelection". If ever there was an instance of leaning on the edge of treason, that was it. What was the result? Annexation of Crimea and the Uranium deal. Remember folks... Obama won the Nobel for Peace while Russia was waging war on the Ukraine; and that 'reset' was nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

No one is asking... Why are we still here with Russia, when Obama supposedly fixed everything between us and them? Answer - because Obama failed. BIGLY! Now, Trump is trying to use diplomacy - AGAIN - to try to make a deal with Russia in order to get them back to a G8. The media and all the Trump haters are having a fit. Nearly all of them calling for his impeachment. The insanity has just climbed several notches. What do these people want? Another Cold War? War? Or do they want Trump to do what Obama tried, try to negotiate some sort of peace between us?

I think Trump made a mistake giving credence to Putin's denial that they tried to hack our elections. I'm really disappointed with that. But, like with North Korea, I'm going to wait and see how things play out.

littlelady

God bless the USA

I do think Trump discredited himself for not pointedly telling Putin "We know your people tried to influence our elections. I want to have a meaningful relationship with you, but that can't happen as long as you keep doing this." While none of us have actually seen the evidence that the Russians engaged in trying to manipulate our elections, I have very little reason to doubt the intel. Trump doing what he did really slapped the intel community in the face.

Given that, I do understand what Trump is trying to do; and it's not too different than what Obama tried to do with his Russian reset. I don't think Trump will go to the extent that Obama did with his "I'll have more leverage after my reelection". If ever there was an instance of leaning on the edge of treason, that was it. What was the result? Annexation of Crimea and the Uranium deal. Remember folks... Obama won the Nobel for Peace while Russia was waging war on the Ukraine; and that 'reset' was nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

No one is asking... Why are we still here with Russia, when Obama supposedly fixed everything between us and them? Answer - because Obama failed. BIGLY! Now, Trump is trying to use diplomacy - AGAIN - to try to make a deal with Russia in order to get them back to a G8. The media and all the Trump haters are having a fit. Nearly all of them calling for his impeachment. The insanity has just climbed several notches. What do these people want? Another Cold War? War? Or do they want Trump to do what Obama tried, try to negotiate some sort of peace between us?

I think Trump made a mistake giving credence to Putin's denial that they tried to hack our elections. I'm really disappointed with that. But, like with North Korea, I'm going to wait and see how things play out.

I think that is why the forum was so quiet last night. We all are letting it Helsinki in. I agree with you to a degree, but, at the same time, I think Trump might be brilliant in how he handled it. We all know he is not stupid. He is prez, afterall, and his election was monumental; so to speak. And, no, the Russians didn’t elect him. :lol: Today, will be quite interesting. I haven’t turned on the telly, yet, because my ears are still hurting from yesterday. :lol:

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Although I see the "political value" of confronting Putin on the issue, I cant see Putins response being acknowledgement anymore so than we would.

It's a given. They do it, we do it... Harden your weak points and move on.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

I think that Trump has a good reason for making that statement the way he did. I am not willing to throw the baby out with the bathwater, just yet. I think Trump's record of being a shrewd businessman (The Art of the Deal - i.e., makin' deals) far exceeds any politician's opinion of what you can and cannot say in pursuit of international diplomacy. I don't think he's done, yet. This is his style - it always has been. And it's been working - so why expect anything different?

Look at all the rats' statements coming out - they're crawling all over each other to be the first to flog him, and they're revealing information while they're doing it. Sure, he's got some Republicans steamed, too, but I think that Trump is okay with taking that heat in order to get a little further in his quest to make progress in US/Russia diplomacy.

**I'm not going to argue for the sake of argument with the fools on this forum, nor do I have time to spend all day nit picking the nuances in/of Trump's words.

SamSpade

Chris Wallace had an interview with him. I thought it was pretty damned good. He didn't pull punches, but didn't go full brimstone on Putin's butt.

Still, the remark about Putin's enemies ending up dead is probably not going to win him a follow up.