TV Shows Have Become Vehicles for Gun Control Propaganda

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Not liking guns has been portrayed as cool for a long time. It is an old theme that dates back to the original 1980s MacGyver series, in which the titular character avoids using guns and expresses his aversion to them. This theme has continued with the current remake.

But the push to sway public opinion really seems to have picked up. This spring on ABC’s “The Crossing,” the sheriff’s young son says, “I don’t like guns” when a deputy suggests he may someday replace his father. The deputy appears discomforted by the exchange.

In NBC’s “Reverie,” main character Mara Kint (Sarah Shahi) is traumatized by the shooting deaths of her sister and niece. The deaths are played repeatedly throughout the show. In the second episode, which aired last month, Kint throws a gun into the ocean and explains that she has had training with guns. When asked why she threw the gun away she says that she “hates guns.” This scene touches on multiple gun control points in just 15 seconds.

It’s a tight race, but NBC might just be the worst network. It seems to have given out orders for its TV shows to include some anti-gun or pro-gun control mentions.

This April, an episode of “Taken” (Season 2, Episode 11) tried to convey to viewers that gun-free zones work because the criminals obey the bans.

How Entertainment Shows Have Become Vehicles for Gun Control Propaganda

Tech

Remember in the miniseries The Stand, good guys had bolt action and revolvers, bad guys had ARs and pistols.

glhs837

Power with Control
Not liking guns has been portrayed as cool for a long time.

Been catching up on the DC TV shows, and in one episode of Arrow, when there is a nutjob killing people with a gun, one of the team expresses his wishes for gun control to another, whose chosen weapons are pistols. They actullay presented both side of the argument fairly, which surprised me.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Been catching up on the DC TV shows, and in one episode of Arrow, when there is a nutjob killing people with a gun, one of the team expresses his wishes for gun control to another, whose chosen weapons are pistols. They actullay presented both side of the argument fairly, which surprised me.

I saw that episode as well and was impressed that they treated both sides fairly.