Russian meddling??

direxpgw

Can someone please educate me a little bit here. As I understand it, a group of Russians (don’t know if state sponsored), hacked into the DNC email of Podesta and maybe others and released embarrassing, yet true and accurate, info at strategically inopportune times designed to paint Democrats in a bad light. Additionally, they bought spots on Facebook and other advertisers and possibly spread fake news/propaganda around the web in various locations designed again to paint Democrats in a bad light. No actual voting machines or voting software was manipulated, only an attempt to change the “hearts and minds” of potential voters. Am I correct or missing something here??? I know I know it’s all over the news but I have this thing called a job and I kinda don’t give a @#$& much anymore.

Hijinx

Can someone please educate me a little bit here. As I understand it, a group of Russians (don’t know if state sponsored), hacked into the DNC email of Podesta and maybe others and released embarrassing, yet true and accurate, info at strategically inopportune times designed to paint Democrats in a bad light. Additionally, they bought spots on Facebook and other advertisers and possibly spread fake news/propaganda around the web in various locations designed again to paint Democrats in a bad light. No actual voting machines or voting software was manipulated, only an attempt to change the “hearts and minds” of potential voters. Am I correct or missing something here??? I know I know it’s all over the news but I have this thing called a job and I kinda don’t give a @#$& much anymore.

How can anyone or any state be more guilty than George Soros.
Why isn't he under investigation.?
He spent much more then the Russians.
He is half owner in the Democrat party, and apparently owns a lot of republicans too.

Anyway it got the separated families out of the news for a while.

This_person

May or may not have been Russians hacking, as the reported download speed of the DNC "hack" implies it could only have been to a thumb drive or similar device locally, not a "hack". Podesta fell to a phishing scam, completely different.

The fact that the DNC "hack" was followed closely by a Podesta email saying he was going to make an example of the person who did it, followed by a guy who worked in their IT area being killed in DC (no robbery, nothing to show any reason for it), followed by Assange (who published the e-mails from the DNC) offering money to find out who killed that person (Seth Rich) as Rich was a source of his.

So, while Podesta may have fallen to Russians, it is highly unlikely that the DNC did. Of course, we'll never know because the DNC server has disappeared and was never examined by any authorities as they refused to give it up to the FBI.

But, yes, the story is that the completely factual representation of the DNC was somehow "cheating" and "unfair" to them.

What seems likely the Russians did was set up some fake websites and plant some stories, just like they've done for many decades.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

And somehow it's all Donald Trump's fault and he should be impeached for it.

Yeah, I'd like someone lucid to explain it to me as well.

direxpgw

May or may not have been Russians hacking, as the reported download speed of the DNC "hack" implies it could only have been to a thumb drive or similar device locally, not a "hack". Podesta fell to a phishing scam, completely different.

The fact that the DNC "hack" was followed closely by a Podesta email saying he was going to make an example of the person who did it, followed by a guy who worked in their IT area being killed in DC (no robbery, nothing to show any reason for it), followed by Assange (who published the e-mails from the DNC) offering money to find out who killed that person (Seth Rich) as Rich was a source of his.

So, while Podesta may have fallen to Russians, it is highly unlikely that the DNC did. Of course, we'll never know because the DNC server has disappeared and was never examined by any authorities as they refused to give it up to the FBI.

But, yes, the story is that the completely factual representation of the DNC was somehow "cheating" and "unfair" to them.

What seems likely the Russians did was set up some fake websites and plant some stories, just like they've done for many decades.

So wtf is the big deal then? All this hype over an attack on our democracy. I mean I can fully understand the implications of an attack on the actual voting mechanisms and that would be significant. But propaganda has been done for generations. Hacking an email account is hardly a super serious crime, certainly not akin to nerve gas poisoning. Attempting to influence people’s minds is the democratic way in our country. That’s why the lord has given each of us a brain to come up with our own conclusions and opinions.

This_person

So wtf is the big deal then? All this hype over an attack on our democracy. I mean I can fully understand the implications of an attack on the actual voting mechanisms and that would be significant. But propaganda has been done for generations. Hacking an email account is hardly a super serious crime, certainly not akin to nerve gas poisoning. Attempting to influence people’s minds is the democratic way in our country. That’s why the lord has given each of us a brain to come up with our own conclusions and opinions.

The big deal is that Hillary LOST - the smartest bestest woman ever, the potential of the best president EVER, LOST. It has to be because Trump cheated. And, he cheated us all out of the bestest ever human to walk the planet be our president and savior. ALL of our problems would magically have disappeared.

Yeah, they think like that.

So, if you think like that, you have to have a good reason why.

According to the book "Shattered"
Jonathan Allen and Amy Parnes in the book Shattered said:
That strategy had been set within twenty-four hours of her concession speech. Mook and Podesta assembled her communications team at the Brooklyn headquarters to engineer the case that the election wasn’t entirely on the up-and-up. For a couple of hours, with Shake Shack containers littering the room, they went over the script they would pitch to the press and the public. Already, Russian hacking was the centerpiece of the argument.

“Russian hacking was the major unreported story of the campaign, overshadowed by the contents of stolen e-mails and Hillary’s own private-server imbroglio,” while “hammering the media for focusing so intently on the investigation into her e-mail, which had created a cloud over her candidacy,” the authors wrote.

“The press botched the e-mail story for eighteen months,” one person who was part of the strategy is quoted as saying. “Comey obviously screwed us, but the press created the story.”

Which is to say that most of what you're hearing about Russian meddling was, indeed, a Clinton campaign strategy to explain the loss and keep funds coming in for a potential 2020 run - SHE WAS ROBBED, for goodness sake.

Grumpy

... as the reported download speed of the DNC "hack" implies it could only have been to a thumb drive or similar device locally, not a "hack". Podesta fell to a phishing scam, completely different.

Exactly..and the media ignores those little nuggets