CBS and the conspiracy theories...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...Ok. Here's the dope...as of tonight anyway.

#1. Dan simply went after a story so he could break it first.

Problem: Pretty much everyone agrees that if video was found of W snorting lines of coke on the beach when he was suppossed to be on duty in 1972, no one would care.

Why take such a risk with such a small story?

#2. The forgeries came from the Kerry campaign and/or DNC. This is simple to believe. Kerry is getting killed in the polls and needs something dramatic to help.

Problem: Not much. Suppossedly, Rathers editor what's her face has been working this angle for 5 years, everybody knows it so, it was kinda easy to get Dan to bite.

#3. The GOOD one. Karl Rove did it knowing Dan would snap it up.

BIG PROBLEM: Dan and CBS would do everything in their power to burn everyone to the ground to get at Rove.

Curious stuff.

willie

Devious Dan

Attachments

• blackeye.jpg
    blackeye.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 89

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:lol: I hear every layered democrat between Terry McAuliffe and Max Cleland are shredding their harddrives as we speak!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Man oh man

It just gets better and better.

Lockhart said Mapes asked him the weekend before the story broke to call Burkett. "She basically said there's a guy who is being helpful on the story who wants to talk to you," Lockhart said, adding that it was common knowledge that CBS was working on a story raising questions about Bush's Guard service. Mapes told him there were some records "that might move the story forward. She didn't tell me what they said."

In typical Clinton fashion, Joe Lockhart just threw Mary Mapes to the wolves. :lmao:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
vraiblonde said:
:lmao: Great minds.... :high5:

:diva:

Everyone is rushing to cover their ass. Let's see who gets there last and blows the cover for everyone....

At least Republicans know how to cover. Democrats throw each other to the wolves the fastest...

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
"Lockhart said he thanked Burkett for his advice after a three to four minute call.

Lockhart said he does not recall talking to Burkett about Bush's Guard records. "It's baseless to say the Kerry campaign had anything to do with this," he said."

Would someone please tell me what the he!! else they would have talked about then?

DO NOT get into a poker game with guys like these; if they can lie this well during a cardgame,:bs: you wouldn't stand a chance in hades of winning!:lol:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Penn said:
"Lockhart said he does not recall talking to Burkett about Bush's Guard records. "It's baseless to say the Kerry campaign had anything to do with this," he said

From news coming out today:
During a single phone conversation with Lockhart, Burkett said he suggested a "couple of concepts on what I thought (Kerry) had to do" to beat Bush. In return, he said, Lockhart tried to "convince me as to why I should give them the documents."

BOOOOOOOOOMMMM!!!! :lol:

SamSpade

"John Kerry is so afraid of conflict, of criticism, of anyone who disagrees with him or points out his in accuracies – this man would never survive six months in face of the genuine problems he would have to deal with in the White House."

Great quote. And it's why people like Reagan (and Bush) have done well - they're not bothered by it. And why Nixon and Johnson did so BADLY in public, and why Clinton was so-so - they were all genuinely irritated by it, even infuriated over it.

I remember a story in the 80's, where Reagan was commenting on his approval rating with two other leaders ( I know one was Thatcher; I think the other was Mulroney) and that his rating was barely hovering above 50. The other two laughed, saying to the effect of how much they'd LOVE to have ratings THAT HIGH. You just can't be a national leader without a thick skin for criticism. Kerry's behavior in that ski incident was convincing - he's very thin-skinned.