Ocasio-Cortez Explains Unemployment: "Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
In an attempt to explain why unemployment levels have dropped to lows of 4% and below under the Trump administration, the Democratic congressional candidate, an economics and international relations major, explained, "Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs."

Citing unemployment hitting 3.9%, "Firing Line" host Margaret Hoover asked Ocasio-Cortez if she still thinks that capitalism is not the best system for promoting the middle class.

"I think the [unemployment] numbers that you just talked about is part of the problem," said Ocasio-Cortez. "Because we look at these figures and we say that unemployment is low and everything is fine, right? Well, unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their kids."

She then unloaded on America's "hyper-capitalism," stating, "So I do think right now we have this no holds barred, wild west hyper-capitalism. What that means is profit at any cost. Capitalism has not always existed in the world and will not always exist in the world," she said.

WATCH: Ocasio-Cortez Explains Unemployment, Melts Internet

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Capitalism has not always existed in the world and will not always exist in the world," she said.

We could always return to feudalism; it was around for a lot longer than capitalism, so it must be better. wmconfused4.gif

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their kids.

:roflmao:

Yeah, she will definitely win the general election.

transporter

In an attempt to explain why unemployment levels have dropped to lows of 4% and below under the Trump administration, the Democratic congressional candidate, an economics and international relations major, explained, "Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs."

Citing unemployment hitting 3.9%, "Firing Line" host Margaret Hoover asked Ocasio-Cortez if she still thinks that capitalism is not the best system for promoting the middle class.

"I think the [unemployment] numbers that you just talked about is part of the problem," said Ocasio-Cortez. "Because we look at these figures and we say that unemployment is low and everything is fine, right? Well, unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their kids."

She then unloaded on America's "hyper-capitalism," stating, "So I do think right now we have this no holds barred, wild west hyper-capitalism. What that means is profit at any cost. Capitalism has not always existed in the world and will not always exist in the world," she said.

WATCH: Ocasio-Cortez Explains Unemployment, Melts Internet

Seems like she has as good of an understand of the employment report as Trump does...who claimed that unemployment was 40% before he entered office!

Or Gilligan...who doesn't understand anything!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their kids."

Who can't feed their kids working all these hours? Perhaps you have too many children in the first place. Can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em. When you take into consideration the various programs to feed children in this country, if you still can't feed your kids then there's a good chance you aren't parental material.

Rolling around in the south somewhere that I can't remember where, I asked someone what all the people were doing standing around in a parking lot. I was told that was the day when the church gave out the food boxes for the needy. There are plenty of places to get free nourishment in the USA.

SamSpade

:roflmao:

Yeah, she will definitely win the general election.

I absolutely laughed out loud when I heard her say that on the radio.
And I said out loud - uhhh - THAT'S not how it works.

I get that people might be UNDEREMPLOYED - we can thank the "recovery" for that.
But if you're WORKING, you're not unemployed. If you're unemployed, you're not working.
A low unemployment rate is always going to be a good thing, and having a job is always
going to be better than not having one.

We actually have NOW a situation I don't think we've seen in years - more jobs than
job seekers.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The Dems keep latching on to these "superstars" and pump them up to godlike status, only to have them fizzle like a wet firecracker. I thought Kamala Harris was the bright shining future of the Dem Party? AOC showed up and now Kamala is yesterday's news.

In the next few days their new superstar will emerge and we'll never hear from Ms. Ocasio-Cortez again. They chew these people up and spit them out.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The Dems keep latching on to these "superstars" and pump them up to godlike status, only to have them fizzle like a wet firecracker. I thought Kamala Harris was the bright shining future of the Dem Party? AOC showed up and now Kamala is yesterday's news.

In the next few days their new superstar will emerge and we'll never hear from Ms. Ocasio-Cortez again. They chew these people up and spit them out.

Dont underestimate that sale. They managed to swindle the nation twice with the Kenyan King.