TV cable question

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We have Time-Warner cable at our campground. We get all of the channels just fine, EXCEPT Fox News. We get a picture with Fox, but no sound. And when the commercials come on, the sound comes back, but disappears again when the show comes back on. The office says that no one else has complained about this, and in the rec room with the same cable system the sound is coming in fine.

Does anyone know why this would be?

We've unplugged, reset, rebooted, etc, to no avail.

It's just weird that it would be only this one channel.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
We have Time-Warner cable at our campground. We get all of the channels just fine, EXCEPT Fox News. We get a picture with Fox, but no sound. And when the commercials come on, the sound comes back, but disappears again when the show comes back on. The office says that no one else has complained about this, and in the rec room with the same cable system the sound is coming in fine.

Second audio program setting perhaps? ( SAP )

Although I would think that would be apparent on more than one channel.

h3mech

Time-Warner cable doesn't want you to watch fox, they are playing you. they are all LIbtards

Chris0nllyn

Go to the main menu, then sound options, then set the language to English. It's likely set to Auto or Spanish. Happens randomly to my cable box.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Go to the main menu, then sound options, then set the language to English. It's likely set to Auto or Spanish. Happens randomly to my cable box.

But would that affect just one channel? That's what's puzzling me. I'm going to make Monello go swap out the cable receiver today, if I remember. We don't watch a lot of TV but I do like to watch The Five, so that's the only time I notice it.

Chris0nllyn

But would that affect just one channel? That's what's puzzling me. I'm going to make Monello go swap out the cable receiver today, if I remember. We don't watch a lot of TV but I do like to watch The Five, so that's the only time I notice it.

No, just those channels that don't offer other audio options. You probably simply don't notice it.

Assume you've re-booted the box? Try looking through the sound menu and make sure it's set to the correct language and SAP is off.