ISO Information Adult three Wheel Bike

spinner

I am looking to buy/borrow an adult three wheel bike similar to the one in the picture. I have a family member that is a recent arm amputee and is itching to go bike riding with me. I don't want to buy a new one until we try it and see if it works So if you have one sitting around please send me a message. thank you

Attachments

• f7537000-361f-4a18-84fd-c09391f3cee8_1.6136cd4a5b8759955eb71f54d7200e9f.jpg
    f7537000-361f-4a18-84fd-c09391f3cee8_1.6136cd4a5b8759955eb71f54d7200e9f.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 371

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I want one of these for cruising the neighborhood. We have a lot of meadows and tree lines to dig up plants, and this would be perfect. Added bonus is when I stop to chat up a neighbor, I don't have to do a balancing act, and I have a place to sit. The only thing holding me back is that we all want a golf cart for the same reason. Of course, the golf cart comes after the roof. Dang priorities.

I've not seen them in stores. They don't seem to be that popular anymore. I remember when I was a kid, I used to see them all the time. In recent history, I think the only place I've seen them on the street is in Key West.

I've compared prices at WalMart and eBay. About the same, so I'd probably go with who can get it to me the quickest.

spinner

I see them sometimes when I'm biking on the rail trail. Before we buy one we really want to try it out and see of it works.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I see them sometimes when I'm biking on the rail trail. Before we buy one we really want to try it out and see of it works.

Well, good luck finding one you can take for a test spin. I wish your family member a speedy recovery. S/he will bounce back, and no doubt surpass, any expectations of recovery.

seekeroftruth

You might try a bike shop. These are really popular out in retirement communities for people who want the exercise but struggle with balance issues.

Out in Arizona, one of these bikes could go for a couple hundred dollars.... but bike shops generally keep one or two around.

Good luck... http://www.paxadventure.com/

:coffee:

black dog

Free America
Very seldom have I seen them out in public, but most factory's that cover lots of real estate all use them for certain workers to move around themselves and parts throughout the plants. I have never seen one with hand brakes and gears like what you posted. All have been single speeds with coaster brakes.

I do see that Torker Adult Tricycles, are sold by Family Bike shop in Crofton.
https://www.familybikeshop.com/m/

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Call Mike's Bikes and see if he has one you can try:

21310 Great Mills Rd, Lexington Park, MD 20653

Phone: (301) 863-7887

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

If you plan on trying to pull some wheelies, better get a wheelie bar. Else you could go all the way back, since your legs and feet are worthless, (can't get them passed the wheels), at that point, and your back will land right onto that basket. Been there.

ginwoman

I am looking to buy/borrow an adult three wheel bike similar to the one in the picture. I have a family member that is a recent arm amputee and is itching to go bike riding with me. I don't want to buy a new one until we try it and see if it works So if you have one sitting around please send me a message. thank you

I had one exactly like the picture. Very awkward unless you are on a flat, paved area.