Please Don't Pick the Seashells

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I wouldn't know a Queen Conch from a clam. This woman probably didn't know either.

Oh, I think she knew exactly what she was doing. It's not like you can take a stroll along the beach and pick these up at random, and they don't dwell at the shore. They live in deep water, in the sea grass. You need a boat, and at minimum, snorkeling gear. Then you have to search for them, and they're not that easy to find. You need to know something about them to know where to find them, which would lead one to believe, she also knew what she was doing was illegal. These shells are enormous, as shells go.

Hijinx

Oh, I think she knew exactly what she was doing. It's not like you can take a stroll along the beach and pick these up at random, and they don't dwell at the shore. They live in deep water, in the sea grass. You need a boat, and at minimum, snorkeling gear. Then you have to search for them, and they're not that easy to find. You need to know something about them to know where to find them, which would lead one to believe, she also knew what she was doing was illegal. These shells are enormous, as shells go.

I thought she picked them up off the beach. Thanks for the information.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Okay, I see. :yay: It would be nice if the person who wrote that story had given more information or clarified.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Okay, I see. :yay: It would be nice if the person who wrote that story had given more information or clarified.

But that wouldn't allow the faux outrage on her being JAILED *gasp* by innocently picking up seashells, now would it? :duh:

Chris0nllyn

How so? The thread title doesn't mention live or dead Conch. No mention of seashore or deep water. So where do you see the thread title is insufficient?

Do you consider a oyster shell an oyster? Do you consider anything else you've ever called a "seashell" to be live?

With respect to the OP, the story also says seashells. The woman did not get jail time for picking up seashells. She got time for collecting live conchs.

I appreciate Malice's information-----Yours not so much

I'm heartbroken that a guy who doesn't know the difference between a conch and a clam doesn't appreciate the information readily available to them.