Minnesota Hot Dog Boy

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He looks like Kid N' Play.

I am recovering from food poisoning right this minute, otherwise I'd be more impressed with this story. As it stands, I'm thinking about tainted hot dogs and the horrible destruction they could wreak.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

If a "stand" should be shut down, it is this kind of stand. Selling meat products can be a dangerous thing without proper refrigeration, cooking time, maintenance of proper temperature after cooking, etc. Look at the image of how this kid keeps the hot dogs and sausages. A disaster waiting to happen. Hot foods should be held at 140 °F (60 °C) or warmer after cooking. Where is the visible thermometer, a requirement, showing what the temperature is inside that box? Only reason this isn't a shut down story is because the kid is black. Unlike the shutting down citing licensing requirements of the Lemonade stand of the white kids being busted everywhere. And this kid is an entrepreneur, when the white kids that have simple lemonade stands are not.

And everything cooked, cleaned, prepped, stored, must be on commercial grade equipment rated NSF. As well as the warmers. Where is this equipment? How is he in compliance with health department regulations?

Last edited:

stgislander

PREMO Member
If I may ...

If a "stand" should be shut down, it is this kind of stand. Selling meat products can be a dangerous thing without proper refrigeration, cooking time, maintenance of proper temperature after cooking, etc. Look at the image of how this kid keeps the hot dogs and sausages. A disaster waiting to happen. Hot foods should be held at 140 °F (60 °C) or warmer after cooking. Where is the visible thermometer, a requirement, showing what the temperature is inside that box? Only reason this isn't a shut down story is because the kid is black. Unlike the shutting down citing licensing requirements of the Lemonade stand of the white kids being busted everywhere. And this kid is an entrepreneur, when the white kids that have simple lemonade stands are not.

And everything cooked, cleaned, prepped, stored, must be on commercial grade equipment rated NSF. As well as the warmers. Where is this equipment? How is he in compliance with health department regulations?

I'm guessing you've had hot dogs from NYC hot dog carts before correct?