Food poisoning

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It had to have been the pizza I had last night at the movie. At least, that's what I was purging at 4am.

:dead:

And the pizza wasn't even very good. Cardboard crust. Definitely not worth it.

The good news is that these things only last a couple of days, so relief is in sight. Today is a fasting day - probably the easiest one I've had since I started doing it.

warneckutz

It had to have been the pizza I had last night at the movie. At least, that's what I was purging at 4am.

The good news is that these things only last a couple of days, so relief is in sight. Today is a fasting day - probably the easiest one I've had since I started doing it.

Good ab workout.

I feel for you. Literally. Went out boating over July 4th, got some takeout chicken strips from a local reliable store in Arkansas.

I'll spare everyone the desperate search up and down the docks at 4am trying to find a working head. All plugged or otherwise not working from the July 4th crowds. The next 2 days were not fun. 5 out of 6 in the family got hit, including my 92 y/o dad.

black dog

Free America
We went to the county Fair last night, bestie had a pulled pork sammich and a funnel cake and I had corn on a stick and a elephant ear. She was purging from both ends most of the night and went to work hours late this morning.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Our bodies are little barfing miracles. We eat something that wants to kill us, our body takes over and yaks that stuff right up. And if that doesn't work, here goes the other end.

"Intruder alert! Intruder alert!"

Bodies are amazing.

Blister

I feel for you. Literally. Went out boating over July 4th, got some takeout chicken strips from a local reliable store in Arkansas.

I'll spare everyone the desperate search up and down the docks at 4am trying to find a working head. All plugged or otherwise not working from the July 4th crowds. The next 2 days were not fun. 5 out of 6 in the family got hit, including my 92 y/o dad.[/QUOTETh

That's why I never eat unidentified animal parts; chicken strips, nuggets, boneless winglets, Mcribs, steakums, chicken/turkey hotdogs, etc. Ever since the "Pink Slime" being used came to known, I only eat chicken, beef, and pork in a reasonably recognizable format. I'm sure I am still being poisoned, and genetically modified, but it makes me feel better.

MiaSia

OMG !! That's terrible! I also had a similar experience during my vacation in Thailand. I was very hungry and bought chicken wings at one of the local cafes/restaurants. At first I even liked them, but afterward, I've spent almost all my vacation in my hotel room.

Hannibal

Given my profession, I am often on large construction sites that are frequented by food trucks ..... IE "trash trucks". Most are decent but please don't equate them the "new" trucks you see in the City as part of the whole "food truck" explosion. Jobsite trucks are loaded up with stuff for quick turnover and handout. Often times, hot dishes are left out and exposed for people to simply grab and toss into a box. Anyhow, twice in my life I've had LEGIT food poisoning. Not just a stomach bug, I am talking the kind where your body is ill fighting it off. Things are flying out of you at such force you could pressure wash concrete. And it's so intense that your flushing both portals at the same time. Nothing better then holding a toilet down while hugging a trashcan ...... or leaning over the bathtub. Worst part of a good food poisoning is the immediate relief of vomiting that is simply your bodies way of not killing you in preparation for the next wave of emergency evacuations. It's a lie. You yack and think "OK, I am done." And then 30 minutes later your again writhing in discomfort. Add to that muscle cramps, shakes and sometimes bits of delusion as your fighting off the toxins.

Knock on wood, I haven't dealt with it in 10 years (I've long since stopped eating off the trash truck) but to this day I will not eat a breakfast burrito. Not even from a restaurant. Not even from my own kitchen. Nope.

####, I am feeling nauseous just thinking about them. I'm scarred for life.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
And Chipotle has had another "incident" where over 700 people got ill at a single restaurant.

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a22667902/chipotles-food-poisoning-outbreak-ohio/

A quick search shows they have had far more than their share of food poisonings. Not on my list for eats.

To be fair, it's because of how they prepare their food. Their whole motto is based on fresh, never frozen, prepared right here, etc. That alone is asking for contamination issues as their big open kitchen is essentially one large chopping board. Hipsters asked for it, you shall recieve. Add in a bunch of workers under 25 who've probably never been to any kind of culinary school, I can see why it could be a breeding ground if not carefully kept under control.

I'll still eat there sometimes. It's just something to keep in mind. This was our answer to America's resistance to frozen/boxed/greasy/processed food from every other fast food place. I think they're still struggling to find that balance so they can still claim always fresh, never frozen, prepared right here, etc. Because theoretically that sounds better.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
This was our answer to America's resistance to frozen/boxed/greasy/processed food from every other fast food place.

Fast Food Joints in the 50's - 70's may have been 'Greasy Spoons' but you were not getting Food Poisoning