The Ignorance of a President on display for the world to see

transporter

This is exactly why the Federal Reserve must stay independent from politicians (President, House, Senate).This President is simply too stupid to understand WHY the Fed is raising rates. His ONLY experience, his ONLY knowledge is as a real estate developer. He has zero experience in any other capacity. He certainly has no knowledge of monetary policy

Trump says 'not thrilled' about U.S. interest rate hikes

“I’m not thrilled,” he said in an interview on the television network. “Because we go up and every time you go up they want to raise rates again. I don’t really - I am not happy about it. But at the same time I’m letting them do what they feel is best.”

Um...dumbass...you don't "let them do what they want". The Federal Reserve is an independent body.

“I don’t like all of this work that we’re putting into the economy and then I see rates going up,” he said.

Trump added that he was concerned that the Fed’s rate hikes may put the United States at a “disadvantage” while the Bank of Japan and the European Central Bank keep their monetary policy loose.

Um...dumbass...a strong economy combined with overly loose monetary policy and the stupidity of massive fiscal stimulus leads to inflation. Duh. We are also coming off of historically low rates. Duh. Rates need to be normalized to prepare for the next recession. Duh. Rates going up at this point are a GOOD thing. Duh. Simple, basic stuff that someone with a degree from The Wharton School should know.

“Now I’m just saying the same thing that I would have said as a private citizen,” he said. “So somebody would say, ‘Oh, maybe you shouldn’t say that as president.’ I couldn’t care less what they say, because my views haven’t changed.”

Yes...you make it clear everyday that you don't care what you say. And just about every time you open your mouth, you prove to the world how unqualified you are for the job. Apparently today is no different from any other day of your pathetically inept administration.

As has become common place whenever this man gives an interview, the White House had to release a statement "clarifying" what the President said:

White House: Trump is not interfering with Fed policy decisions

The White House clarified statements made by President Donald Trump to CNBC about the Federal Reserve and its decision to raise interest rates this year.

In a statement to CNBC, the White House said: “Of course the President respects the independence of the Fed. As he said he considers the Federal Reserve Board Chair Jerome Powell a very good man and that he is not interfering with Fed policy decisions...The President’s views on interest rates are well known and his comments today are a reiteration of those long held positions, and public comments”

What a buffoon.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
bug.gif .

What?

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
What a buffoon.

Unlike you, who now is apparently also the GOAT economist.

Given all the areas of expertise you criticize Trump from you, my friend, must have quite the résumé.

--- End of line (MCP)