House votes against election funding

transporter

Whewie...talk about tone deaf politicians:

House Republicans on Thursday voted down a Democratic effort to increase election security spending, as Democrats accused the GOP of refusing to stand up to Russia over interference in U.S. elections.

In a vote along party lines, Republicans rejected Democrats’ motion for more funding, unmoved by Democrats’ vigorous pleas and chants of “USA! USA!” on the House floor.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...6e88ae760d8_story.html?utm_term=.e09e5b7751a4

Republicans voting against a bill to provide increased election security funding to states? When we (that is the intelligent non-tinfoil hat wearing crowd) know the Russians are already meddling in the mid-terms...and our incompetent President still can't bring himself to fully admit what Russia did in the last election?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Stunt and boondogle....just you left-wing nuts trying to find yet another why to try and waste tax dollars, and pandering/virtue signalling at the same time.

Because as you slime balls well know...state voting systems were not affected in the last election and won't be during the next one either. Fool.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Yeah, well, what Trans conveniently left out:

House Republicans sink new spending on election security

"At issue is a grants program overseen by the federal Election Assistance Commission and aimed at helping states administer their elections and improve voting systems; Democrats want to continue grant funding through 2019, while Republicans say the program already has been fully funded.

Republicans argued strenuously in floor debate Wednesday that states had plenty of money from prior congressional allocations to spend on election improvements."

In other words, democrats tried to sneak this in an existing spending bill. Nothing more than a stunt.

Chris0nllyn

Transporter, you and I agree that the budget deficit is out of control, and given the recent CBO report showing that Larry Kudlow lied (shocker there) in saying the deficit is going down rapidly when it is almost $100 billion more than this time last year.

If the President doesn't give a #### and if those that voted for him don't (that's clear...Vrai trusts Putin and Russia more than the US' intel agencies), why be up-in-arms about more spending?

Chris0nllyn

The most honest statement he ever posted. :yay:

It's pretty sad that the two people labeled as "progbots" by the peanut gallery are the only ones that seem to care about the deficit and govt. spending.

What happened to the GOP?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's pretty sad that the two people labeled as "progbots" by the peanut gallery are the only ones that seem to care about the deficit and govt. spending.

What's sad is that you only began caring about it a year and a half ago.

There's wasting money, then there's spending money to make money. IF you were a person who knew how things work, you would know the difference.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I dunno... What Happened?

They're the same corrupt aholes that the Democrats are, and Chris is so glommed onto blind Party loyalty that he thinks everyone is. Because it pisses him off whenever anyone criticizes the Democrats, he thinks it will piss you/me/etc off when he criticizes the GOP.

:lol:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
US intel agencies should stop sneaking around and using their power to try and overthrow our We the People government. Then maybe I'd trust them more.

Chris likes watching a good coup with his evening toke.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I think anyone who trusts the FBI and CIA after watching their shenanigans over the last year is about as brainwashed and naive as it gets.

I seem to remember him ranting about the NSA, HS etal and their treatment of Americans.

Now hes in the camp that wants them to overthrow the legitimately elected government.

:rolleyes:

PsyOps

Pixelated
If the President doesn't give a #### and if those that voted for him don't (that's clear...Vrai trusts Putin and Russia more than the US' intel agencies), why be up-in-arms about more spending?

Because -----------------------------------------------> Trump

Chris0nllyn

Dang. I need someone like you, with your energy, focus, patience and attention to even the most minute forum detail, to come work for my company.

Someone like you.

But not you specifically.

It's cool. I want good benefits and job security anyway.

You too can easily find anything on the forum via this thing called a search tool or, when Googling, type your search then "Site:forums.somd.com" and it'll only search the site you indicate.

It's useful for pointing out when people are completely full of ####.