Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: House votes against election funding

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    Every time I read something like this I think about Obama calling the debt being 'unpatriotic' when Bush was amassing it. Then he went on to amass more debt than every president combined. Now, admittedly, most of that falls on the GOP, because they had control of congress.
    You won't get argument from the left on this - they blame the GOP for the rise. Well - until 2006. When the Dems took over. THEN it became Bush's fault for some reason.
    And it was still his fault until the GOP took Congress back. Then it became Congress's fault.

But you have to go back to the economy of the 90's. You know. Under Clinton. Then, it was HIM, and not the GOP Congress.
    Even when there was a "surplus" in the late 90's. When the GOP not only was in control, but that they CAMPAIGNED ON BALANCING THE BUDGET
    in 94, and shut down the government when Clinton wouldn't pledge to do so in seven years.

So the GOP did it in four. And the Dems take credit for it.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Overall the Republicans haven't gotten us as much trouble as when Democrats come to power.
    Here's how I see it. Republicans set things up for what they believe to be for the greater good of the country. Democrats abuse those things to destroy their enemy (republicans) and push a leftist agenda. The Patriot Act is a good example. Bush and the GOP pushed this on us under the premise of catching terrorists. Obama and democrats used it to surveil Americans; people that were considered to be political enemies. Think about the border wall. The GOP wants a wall to keep people out from coming in illegally. It's a national security issue. Will democrats come along and use it to keep Americans in? We have to look at thing not just from the aspect of what our intentions are; but also what the other side's intention might be.

The best course for this country is to lean on the premise of what our founders wanted... small and limited government, where the people have control. Neither party represents this, at all.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

The best course for this country is to lean on the premise of what our founders wanted... small and limited government, where the people have control. Neither party represents this, at all.
    I don't disagree with that at all.

It's a matter of effective effort.

You can only eat the elephant one bite at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I don't disagree with that at all.

It's a matter of effective effort.

You can only eat the elephant one bite at a time.
    I only see us moving back to what our founders demanded when we have a complete collapse. We are quite prosperous right now, and the illusion is to keep government doing what they're doing - kicking the can further down the road.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

I only see us moving back to what our founders demanded when we have a complete collapse.
    And that's why I want to see the DNC destroyed.... As a first step toward that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    It's pretty sad that the two people labeled as "progbots" by the peanut gallery are the only ones that seem to care about the deficit and govt. spending.

What happened to the GOP?
    I don't understand the question. People on here were almost universally against the last budget, the GOP accurately said that election funding is adequate and doesn't need to be increased and the people here mostly agree, and then there's your question. How do they relate?

Members who have read this thread: 41