More 'Stand your ground' in Florida.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Don't park in handicap slot if you are not handicapped. (Maybe that should say "if your are not entitled to a handicap slot"

Drejka is a legal concealed weapons permit holder and will not be charged because of Florida's Stand Your Ground law, according to the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office.

transporter

So you think the shooter was justified?

Some POS gets pushed to the ground so he kills the man who PUSHED him??? The man who was not armed. The man backed off once the gun was pulled. There was no reason to pull the trigger.

The man who fired became the aggressor. His life was not in any danger. He had no right, reason or rational to shoot the man who pushed him.

Hijinx

After pulling the gun and the guy backed off, I probably would not have shot him.
But some people are not as nice as myself, and he pushed the wrong guy.

I suppose the Attorney General there or the DA, whichever wants to look at the tape and charge him the charges could still be made.

black dog

Free America
So you think the shooter was justified?

Some POS gets pushed to the ground so he kills the man who PUSHED him??? The man who was not armed. The man backed off once the gun was pulled. There was no reason to pull the trigger.

The man who fired became the aggressor. His life was not in any danger. He had no right, reason or rational to shoot the man who pushed him.

That will teach him to keep his hands to himself.
Lesson for the day,
Be careful who you put your hands on, he or she might have a lead dispenser and they might be willing to use it..

black dog

Free America
After pulling the gun and the guy backed off, I probably would not have shot him.
But some people are not as nice as myself, and he pushed the wrong guy.

I suppose the Attorney General there or the DA, whichever wants to look at the tape and charge him the charges could still be made.

If the victim felt any eminent danger at all in most states with stand your ground, the perp is fair game.

glhs837

Power with Control
If I may ...

Would it have been more justifiable if it was a cop that was pushed to the ground?

I think we've seen cops get into all out brawls with bad guys and not pull a gun. Me, I think this guy pushed the limit of Stand Your Ground. DIdnt appear to be under a threat once he pulled the gun. Me, I view this as a case of being legally right but morally wrong. Looks like little penis syndrome. Not that carrying a weapon makes that case, it's gunning a man down who is stepping back.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may...

I think we've seen cops get into all out brawls with bad guys and not pull a gun. Me, I think this guy pushed the limit of Stand Your Ground. DIdnt appear to be under a threat once he pulled the gun. Me, I view this as a case of being legally right but morally wrong. Looks like little penis syndrome. Not that carrying a weapon makes that case, it's gunning a man down who is stepping back.

Perception changes greatly once on the ground looking up at an attacker when one is in a much less defensive position. The attacker was huge compared to the guy on the ground. Plus, we don't know what the attacker was saying during the altercation when he was shot. Might have been a threat. I'm not gonna second guess the guy not being there, seeing and hearing everything.

glhs837

Power with Control
If I may...

Perception changes greatly once on the ground looking up at an attacker when one is in a much less defensive position. The attacker was huge compared to the guy on the ground. Plus, we don't know what the attacker was saying during the altercation when he was shot. Might have been a threat. I'm not gonna second guess the guy not being there, seeing and hearing everything.

Yep, could be that way, maybe the guy was saying "I'm gonna kill you". Doesn't look that way to me, this looks to me to be a guy thinking he as defending his wife, didn't press his attack once he knocked the perceived threat down. Attacker doesn't look to be making any aggressive moves to me after that. IMO, keeping the power of instant death upon your person requires you to hold yourself to a higher standard. I will second guess him. Looks to me like he was gonna kill that guy for knocking him down, not because the guy was still coming after him.

littlelady

God bless the USA
What about this info on the shooter? ...

The store owner tells ABC Action News that Drejka has a history of assaulting people in the very parking lot the shooting took place. A man who frequents the store told ABC Action News he had a run-in with the man who opened fire just one month ago. Rich Kelly says the man picked a fight with him over a parking spot, using racial slurs, and even threatening to kill him. Now, a month later, a similar case, ending with a father killed in front of his 5-year-old son.”

glhs837

Power with Control
What about this info on the shooter? ...

The store owner tells ABC Action News that Drejka has a history of assaulting people in the very parking lot the shooting took place. A man who frequents the store told ABC Action News he had a run-in with the man who opened fire just one month ago. Rich Kelly says the man picked a fight with him over a parking spot, using racial slurs, and even threatening to kill him. Now, a month later, a similar case, ending with a father killed in front of his 5-year-old son.”

I assumed everyone else had read that bit, it's a very big part of why I think the way I do.

22AcaciaAve

Bad choices all the way around. First the shooter who started the whole thing by confronting the woman in the handicapped spot should have minded his own damn business. If you are that concerned about the handicap violation, get the license, take a picture, call the police and report it. There is no need to confront someone you don't even know over something that trivial. Then the father who confronted him pushed him rather forcefully. That constitutes assault and escalated the situation. At that point, nobody can say what the shooter was thinking in terms of fearing for his life. If the deceased was going to go that far, he should have reared back and cold-cocked the guy as hard as he could. He probably would have knocked him out and eliminated him as a threat. He might have claimed stand your ground based on the shooter being the aggressor and beat the assault charge. Finally, back to the shooter. Even though he was knocked to the ground, it does not appear that his life was in danger at the point where he fired. But you can't always count on a logical reaction in an emotional situation. All of this over a stupid handicap parking spot violation that was only going to last for about 5 minutes.

black dog

Free America
I assumed everyone else had read that bit, it's a very big part of why I think the way I do.

It makes no difference in this case what he has done in the past, if this man was a habitual problem at this man's business he should have tresspassed him and if he came on the property after that he would he arrested. Easy peasy..

And as far as saying something to folks that park in handicapped spots it should he the norm to say something about using them when your not a handi.

black dog

Free America
Bad choices all the way around. First the shooter who started the whole thing by confronting the woman in the handicapped spot should have minded his own damn business. If you are that concerned about the handicap violation, get the license, take a picture, call the police and report it. There is no need to confront someone you don't even know over something that trivial. Then the father who confronted him pushed him rather forcefully. That constitutes assault and escalated the situation. At that point, nobody can say what the shooter was thinking in terms of fearing for his life. If the deceased was going to go that far, he should have reared back and cold-cocked the guy as hard as he could. He probably would have knocked him out and eliminated him as a threat. He might have claimed stand your ground based on the shooter being the aggressor and beat the assault charge. Finally, back to the shooter. Even though he was knocked to the ground, it does not appear that his life was in danger at the point where he fired. But you can't always count on a logical reaction in an emotional situation. All of this over a stupid handicap parking spot violation that was only going to last for about 5 minutes.

It's a lesson for the agressor, one that he learned while running back to the safety of the store after physically assulting a man with a holenin his chest.
Some folks carry guns and are willing to use them.
If he would have kept his hands to himself, he most likely would be alive and not in the morgue.
Play stupid games, you may win the prize...

littlelady

God bless the USA
Another loose cannon that no one reported. See something, say something, and all that.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America

Ahhhhhh, Millennials. The agressor was the dead man, and he assaulted the wrong man.
The logical response to being assulted is to stop the assault. Once shot in the chest the agressor ran away, leaking vital fluid.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Ahhhhhh, Millennials. The agressor was the dead man, and he assaulted the wrong man.
The logical response to being assulted is to stop the assault. Once shot in the chest the agressor ran away, leaking vital fluid.

Actually, you see in the video that the aggressor, McGlockton, backed off when seeing the gun. He is not the aggressor. Drejka was when he started the parking confrontation; which he was known to do in prior instances. It is so ironic that the deceased man has ‘glock’ as part of his last name. RIP.

Oh, and yeah, do you not see that this guy is giving gun owners a bad name. I would back away, too, if a gun was pointed at me. It would have ended, but Drejka chose to shoot; when he started the whole situation, in the first place. My prediction is he will be convicted, and rightly so.

Last edited: