NYPD files formal Departmental charges.

Hijinx

Your thoughts on this. Why did it take 4 years to file these charges.?
Was it because of political forces that they were made?

http://abc13.com/nypd-files-department-charges-against-officer-in-garners-death/3800805/

Sharpton has ridden this horse for 4 years, Either the officer was guilty of breaking the rules or he wasn't. It should have been done 4 years ago.

I do not know whether the Officer was right or wrong, but IMO he is now being charged because Sharpton and others forced the NYPD to make the charges.
Charges that should have been filed 4 years ago if they were to be made.

Justice delayed is Justice denied.

Midnightrider

Your thoughts on this. Why did it take 4 years to file these charges.?
Was it because of political forces that they were made?

http://abc13.com/nypd-files-department-charges-against-officer-in-garners-death/3800805/

Sharpton has ridden this horse for 4 years, Either the officer was guilty of breaking the rules or he wasn't. It should have been done 4 years ago.

I do not know whether the Officer was right or wrong, but IMO he is now being charged because Sharpton and others forced the NYPD to make the charges.
Charges that should have been filed 4 years ago if they were to be made.

Justice delayed is Justice denied.

It says right in the article why it took 4 years....
NYPD Deputy Commissioner Larry Byrne noted the anniversary in pointing out that the department had deferred taking disciplinary action while it awaited the DOJ's decision on civil rights charges.

But seriously, if you don’t know if the cop was wrong you need to watch the tape. Eric garner was choked to death while he was posing no threat to police. The situation was under hand and would have been resolved without his death in a matter of time. The cops actions should be against their internal policy even if they were not deemed criminal by the justice system.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I had to refresh my memory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Eric_Garner

Eric Garner = career criminal. Petty crimes, but crimes nonetheless.

Gets busted for another petty crime; becomes argumentative and resists arrest; in the ensuing takedown he gets dead.

Personally, I think selling loose cigarettes is a stupid reason to arrest someone. But I don't make the law in NYC, that would be their legislature that does that.

Garner's family and fellow hood rats all say "he a goot boah", when that is clearly not true. Maybe he's a peach by their standards, but by the standards of normal civilized society he's a #### bag.

So no great loss BUT! did the cop use excessive force? There are two conflicting assurances that A) the choke hold is standard department procedure; and B) the choke hold is prohibited by NYPD. Well, it's one or the other, not both. So I think that's what will determine the outcome of this latest development. I thought this was settled and remember the local talent busting chit up and killing random police officers in protest, but obviously someone with an agenda has insisted it be revisited,

I'm pretty sure Officer Pantaleo will be found not guilty, which of course will lead the usual suspects to riot and bust chit up and kill more police officers. The Garner family has been paid over $5 million (despite Mrs. Garner's claims that she was trying to find a way to feed her family) and I see no point in bringing this all back up again. NYC is a crime cesspool and I find it hard to believe they don't have anything better to do with their court system than dredge up old cases to re-evaluate.

My suspicion is that the powers that be are looking for another riot so they can use it for political purposes.