Inconsiderate

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
At the campground we're in, there are two pools - one larger one, and one much smaller one that used to be adults only.

So today Monello and I are floating in the small pool and along come these two little girls. I told them to beat it, adults only. They went back and got their dad and mom, who got in the small pool with these two little girls.

So I went in and asked the manager, and the small pool is no longer adults only. So fine, I left.

Now, if my kids had come running to me and said, "Mom, this lady won't let me swim in the small pool!" I'd have told them to go be in the big pool and leave those people alone. This particular set of snowflake parents didn't do that. Instead they came, took over, and ran us off.

So our float was disturbed, but more annoying is parents who think their brats don't have to be considerate of anyone else. There's this big huge pool they could have been in, but no...they wanted to come bug us. And their Mommy and Dad let them.

It's just annoying when people are dicks and when they teach their children to be selfish and inconsiderate.

Bonehead

Did you try and explain to the kids really on their level or break bad ? If you broke bad karma got you if not I get the snowflake comment eff them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Did you try and explain to the kids really on their level or break bad ? If you broke bad karma got you if not I get the snowflake comment eff them.

All I said was, "Beat it, adults only." They left, so I didn't think any more about it until they came back and showed me where they get their rudeness and sense of entitlement from.

DQ2B

Honestly, I think your beef should be with management and why they no longer have an adults only pool. The kids and parents didn't do anything wrong by simply using the pool (they were allowed to be there), they didn't "run you off", you CHOSE to leave. Why is it inconsiderate for the children to use a pool that is not designated adults only? Because that's what you want it to be? Hmmm, seems a rather "entitlement" point of view. I'm not saying an adult only pool isn't nice to have but if it's not designated as such, then either go where there is one, get management to instill the policy or suck it up and play nice.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Honestly, I think your beef should be with management and why they no longer have an adults only pool. The kids and parents didn't do anything wrong by simply using the pool (they were allowed to be there), they didn't "run you off", you CHOSE to leave. Why is it inconsiderate for the children to use a pool that is not designated adults only? Because that's what you want it to be? Hmmm, seems a rather "entitlement" point of view. I'm not saying an adult only pool isn't nice to have but if it's not designated as such, then either go where there is one, get management to instill the policy or suck it up and play nice.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that there's a sign on the smaller pool saying "Adults Only".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

You totally missed the point of my post.

This is probably the only campground we've stayed at that has a separate pool. We are quite used to sharing the pool with the kiddos and have never had any problem with it.

My point is that there was no reason for those kids to want to come squeeze in the little pool with us....except that they could. There was a large pool at their disposal, with plenty of room for them, but that just wasn't good enough. "I want THAT! pool!"

But kids are kids, no biggie. The real problem was Mommy and Dad rushing over to make sure their little precious could have exactly what they want. As I said above, if it were my kids I'd have told them to go play in the big pool and stop being pests. But this set of parents decided to show their babies that they can have whatever they want.

I have no doubt that as soon as Monello and I left, they vacated the little pool and went over to the big one. There was absolutely no reason for them to want to come crowd in with us in the small pool when there was a much larger one for them to play in.

The good news is that in 10 days we're off to other adventures. If these people were my permanent neighbors, it would become problematic.

transporter

This is probably the only campground we've stayed at that has a separate pool. We are quite used to sharing the pool with the kiddos and have never had any problem with it.

My point is that there was no reason for those kids to want to come squeeze in the little pool with us....except that they could. There was a large pool at their disposal, with plenty of room for them, but that just wasn't good enough. "I want THAT! pool!"

But kids are kids, no biggie. The real problem was Mommy and Dad rushing over to make sure their little precious could have exactly what they want. As I said above, if it were my kids I'd have told them to go play in the big pool and stop being pests. But this set of parents decided to show their babies that they can have whatever they want.

I have no doubt that as soon as Monello and I left, they vacated the little pool and went over to the big one. There was absolutely no reason for them to want to come crowd in with us in the small pool when there was a much larger one for them to play in.

The good news is that in 10 days we're off to other adventures. If these people were my permanent neighbors, it would become problematic.

Yeah...No...you were in the wrong and refuse to admit it. Dairy Queen is correct.

You were a b!tch to the little kids, you were in the wrong so the parents came over to stick it in your face. And now you want to come on here and b!tch about the little kids and their parents.

Maybe next time YOU should understand the rules BEFORE you shoot your mouth off.

Oh and running to the mgr like a good little tattle tale.

Christ...sounds like YOU are the one who needs to grow up.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yeah...No...you were in the wrong and refuse to admit it. Dairy Queen is correct.

You were a b!tch to the little kids, you were in the wrong so the parents came over to stick it in your face. And now you want to come on here and b!tch about the little kids and their parents.

Maybe next time YOU should understand the rules BEFORE you shoot your mouth off.

Oh and running to the mgr like a good little tattle tale.

Christ...sounds like YOU are the one who needs to grow up.

There's that famous reading comprehension again. :yay:

mitzi

If you actually said "beat it kid, adults only" that was pretty rude. You could have said it in a nicer way (unless you already had and they ignored it). How old were these kids?

Jeter3000

Similar situation, here. We have two pools on the property where we live. Pools are open to any resident, despite the age (although 18 & under need to be supervised by an adult). We float at the deep end on our pool noodles, not moving much at all. Then the natives come to the pool. All hell breaks loose. Cussing, using the "N" word, "cannon balling" right next to us, water guns to the face. All while the "parents" sit back and play on their phones. Zero supervision. And the Life Guards don't give a rats a$$ either. No respect for anyone at the pool but themselves. So, I empathize with your situation. Their precious babies are "entitled". Would suck if one of them gets accidently bopped by my noodle some day. Hey, I like that thought.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you actually said "beat it kid, adults only" that was pretty rude. You could have said it in a nicer way (unless you already had and they ignored it). How old were these kids?

Let's call the younger one 8-9 and the older one a year or so older.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Similar situation, here. We have two pools on the property where we live. Pools are open to any resident, despite the age (although 18 & under need to be supervised by an adult). We float at the deep end on our pool noodles, not moving much at all. Then the natives come to the pool. All hell breaks loose. Cussing, using the "N" word, "cannon balling" right next to us, water guns to the face. All while the "parents" sit back and play on their phones. Zero supervision. And the Life Guards don't give a rats a$$ either. No respect for anyone at the pool but themselves. So, I empathize with your situation. Their precious babies are "entitled". Would suck if one of them gets accidently bopped by my noodle some day. Hey, I like that thought.

Okay, these girls weren't like that. :lol:

I'm glad we're transient so any place with sucky people and management go in our rearview within a couple weeks. :huggy:

Bonehead

Seems like they were old enough to reason with. Instead of beat it...that would have pissed me off if they were my kids. Why not try a little communication. First and then when the parents showed up, just sayin'.

DQ2B

No, I totally got your point. I absolutely know WHY you were irritated but I think you sort of instigated it in this case. You DO realize that by telling the kids to beat it, that caused them of course ran over to mommy and daddy, who then decided to "teach you a lesson"? Do I think they did it JUST to be annoying and JUST because they could? Absolutely. But, I think if you had simply accepted the kids in the pool they would have gotten bored and moved along in 10 minutes or, you could have checked with management right then and discovered the change in policy. Clearly, they knew the policy and decided to make it very clear to you. BTW, I DO think the smaller pool should be adult only, kids are great but everyone needs a little space away from them every now and then. Enough complaints to management, where change can actually come from might do the trick.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
mommy and daddy, who then decided to "teach you a lesson"?

Well, they surely did teach me something: that they are selfish rude aholes, which is where their kids get it from. But! In 10 days I will never see them again, but they'll have to be them for the rest of their lives.

I win! :diva:

Plus the only reason we go to that dinky little pool is because we thought it was adults only. Now that I know it's a free for all we'll go in the big pool, which is much better. :yay: