TRUMP: Looks More And More Like Presidential Campaign Was 'Illegally Being Spied On' By Feds

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1020984152357777408[/TWITTER]

Trump was referring to yesterday's release of 412 pages of documents about the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) court, which led to the feds targeting Carter Page, who had been a Trump campaign adviser:

"These documents are heavily redacted but seem to confirm the FBI and DOJ misled the courts in withholding the material information that Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the DNC were behind the 'intelligence' used to persuade the courts to approve the FISA warrants that targeted the Trump team. Given this corruption, President Trump should intervene and declassify the heavily redacted material," said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.

TRUMP: Looks More And More Like Presidential Campaign Was 'Illegally Being Spied On' By Feds

transporter

Right....so how many judges signed off on the Cater Page FISA warrant? Who appointed those judges???

And neither of you two have bothered to read even a single page of the warrant document, right?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
CwCO229WYAAsFEv.jpg

Hijinx

Right....so how many judges signed off on the Cater Page FISA warrant? Who appointed those judges???

And neither of you two have bothered to read even a single page of the warrant document, right?

We were waiting for you to tell us what it says O wise one.
Inform us how your magnificent mentor Obama set this up.

somdwatch

Tell us please, who Lied or Withheld information from those judges? Doesn't matter who appointed them if they don't have the facts. Too Blind to see?

Chris0nllyn

Tell us please, who Lied or Withheld information from those judges? Doesn't matter who appointed them if they don't have the facts. Too Blind to see?

There was enough there for a warrant to be signed off by a judge. Given how heavily redacted the warrant applications are, who you think lied?

These documents are for Carter Page, and the warrant applications weren't submitted until Page left Trump's campaign (another great pick by the guy who picks the best of the best?) meaning Page wasn't "spied on" while working for Trump. Given how secret FISA court warrants are, no one knows if this passes the litmus test for FISA warrants but we do know that the FBI thought Page was working as a Russian Intel officer while working for Trump. However, since the word "collusion" wasn't used, Trump supporters don't care.

Perhaps we, the people, shouldn't have given the govt. enough power to spy on American citizens in secret and perhaps Trump shouldn't have renewed and expanded the government's spying powers last year.

Chris0nllyn

The Steele Dossier and the subsequent "news" articles that reference it and later each other. Google "Self-Licking Ice Cream Cone".

It's mentioned in the FISC application, but no one knows that's the sole reason for approving the warrant.

But let's assume that was the only reason. The Dossier claimed an associate of Trump's met with Russian agents about intel on the Clinton campaign. That turned out to be true based on emails from 2016 about the meeting in Trump Tower with Trump Jr., Manafort, Kushner, and Natalia Veselnitskaya.
From Rob Goldstone to Trump Jr.
The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It's mentioned in the FISC application, but no one knows that's the sole reason for approving the warrant.

But let's assume that was the only reason. The Dossier claimed an associate of Trump's met with Russian agents about intel on the Clinton campaign. That turned out to be true based on emails from 2016 about the meeting in Trump Tower with Trump Jr., Manafort, Kushner, and Natalia Veselnitskaya.
From Rob Goldstone to Trump Jr.

..and how quickly did they know that absolutely nothing resulted from that meeting but 20 wasted minutes of everyone's time?

What about all the contemporary statements by the various FBI players involved; every one of them acknowledging the dossier was junk?

Gowdy nailed it: if there was one scintilla of actual evidence incriminating Trump or his top advisors, Schiff-for-brains would have leaked it already.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Funny to see Mr. "No..Really...I'm a Libertarian..No..Really..Stop Laughing" all supportive of the extra-Constititional FIAS process used to approve the use of powerful government surveillance tools on behalf of one side to try and destroy the other.

True colors and all that.

Chris0nllyn

Funny to see Mr. "No..Really...I'm a Libertarian..No..Really..Stop Laughing" all supportive of the extra-Constititional FIAS process used to approve the use of powerful government surveillance tools on behalf of one side to try and destroy the other.

True colors and all that.

CSM offers remedial reading courses.

From page 1:
Perhaps we, the people, shouldn't have given the govt. enough power to spy on American citizens in secret and perhaps Trump shouldn't have renewed and expanded the government's spying powers last year.

Chris0nllyn

So why the change of heart and all the cheerleading in favor of the FISA process only a few posts later? You need to learn to focus, kid....keep your stories straight.

You need to learn to read and stop blaming your shortcomings of the English language on everyone else.

No one is cheerleading anything, simply pointing out that the idea the Dossier being the sole justification for the warrants is not correct. You're the one who claimed that and correcting your assertions is not akin to "cheerleading" the very process I've had problems with for years. In fact, when Obama was President and I brought this sort of #### up (because I'm apparently the only person left who understands the govt. takes power, it does not give it back) I was told I was dumb for thinking that could happen.

Jan 2018: https://forums.somd.com/threads/326...ed-Trump-authoritarian-voted-for-FISA-renewal
Dec. 2017: https://forums.somd.com/threads/325917-Congress-to-vote-on-FISA-renewal-today
Sept. 2017: https://forums.somd.com/threads/323736-Sessions-urging-permanent-reauthorization-of-FISA-spying
Oct. 2017: https://forums.somd.com/threads/324593-New-Section-702-of-the-FISA-making-it-s-way-through-Congress
July 2015: http://forums.somd.com/threads/301300-Secret-Court-allows-NSA-to-continue-bulk-data-collection
July 2014: http://forums.somd.com/threads/291204-NSA-allowed-to-spy-on-pretty-much-anyone-anywhere-anytime

Feb 2018 comment:
This thing has surely shifted around all over the place in terms of speculation of what's in it. It's assumed it's about how the FBI used questionable methods to get the court's sign off to secretly surveil Carter Page on the Steele dossier, but it's not clear. There's an argument that the FBI would have been able to get the PC they needed to get a wiretap even without the dossier, but it's clear we're at a point where any and everything is going to be argued along party lines. There's no more Republican or Democrat "standard" and certainly no common ground. Just fighting to pit one party against the other and fighting tooth and nail to prove each other wrong.

What this memo did (hopefully), was point out the surveillance state we all live in and we, as Americans, have every right to know how our govt. is using its spying powers to investigate people with ties to our President. Unfortunately, this partisan bickering has gotten us to largely ignore the main issue here. Warrantless, domestic, spying of Americans in direct violation of the Fourth Amendment. If we're being honest, this memo will not spark a debate about that larger issue as arguments will be tailored around individuals.

It's worth noting that Devin Nunes is who wrote the memo. He's historically been very pro-surveillance, so it's strange he'd write it, but he's also a Republican and we'd be lying to ourselves if we didn't agree the "Memo" was a political stunt. The Democrats are, as you pointed out, changing their story, but let's also point out that Democrats did prepar their own narrative on what was in the memo but the GOP-controlled Intel Committee declined to release it, so there's only one side that will publically release their thoughts/beliefs of what's in the memo. It just so happens to be the same party as Trump. So, just as I'm not about to believe the Democrats are suddenly believing the FBI is the bastion of greatness, I'm just as apprehensive about the GOP pushing their narrative that the FBI is targeting Trump alone. Both sides are guilty of political posturing. Another issue, regarding Nunes, is that this memo doesn't have the actual intel in it. It's Nune's interpretation of the intel used to surveil Page so we must realize that there's a good possibility the desire to release the memo is to benefit or protect Trump and that we're likely not getting the whole story. Why? Because, as you said, it's political but it'd be nice if we could see not only Nune's version of the intel, but the Democrat's, and the intel itsef would go a long way in terms of "transparency".

Regardless, this tiny bit of transparency (even if it is one-sided or political) may shed some light on how this secretive system works and even if the narrative is political, it's still a big deal that our own govt. is secretly surveilling people around the President and hopefully this reinforces the idea that the FBI is not what they pretend to be. The fact of the matter is (and I can't repeat this enough) many of the same people who are acting all "OMG, this memo!" about it are the very same people who voted to continue the program in question, including Trump himself. Personally, it makes one question their true intentions/ideals.

https://www.justsecurity.org/51385/releasing-memo/

I absolutely want it released, but some of us have been up in arms about this sort of spying for some time now, so it's not surprising.

Jan 2018 comment:
How convenient this comes after Congress votes to expand FISA powers. Gaetz is all over Fox, getting his air time, yet voted to extend and expand FISA spying powers.
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2018/roll016.xml

Now he wants to act like "omg, the govt. used its powers for bad! Can you believe it!?".

Sept. 2017 comment:
Sure, but when this sort of #### gets brought up literally ANY other time, it's "oh, yea, like we're supposed to believe unnamed 'sources'". Now you want to jump up and down using those same unnamed sources? Why the change of heart? Why believe these CNN unnamed sources that say the FBI wiretapped Manafort, but ignore those same CNN unnamed sources that say Trump's White House is a cluster####? Because confirmation bias.

Everyone should believe they are being wiretapped, spied on, whatever, but I say that I get chastised as if my tin foil hat is on too tight. "Who cares, my life is so boring, the FBI won't want to spy on me."

Don't want govt. spying on people? Try electing people who care about stuff like that. Don't cry boo-hoo when you continaully elect people who want to increase the size and scope of the intelligence apparatus of this country. Don't cry boo-hoo when we hit $20 trillion in dept while continually electing big govt. politicians who show no inclination that they want to reduce govt. spending.

If you're going to make baseless claims, make sure your #### is in order before doing so. You'll even notice you agreeing with me in a few of those threads.