Call Me An Ole Fuddy-Duddy

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
When they get robbed, ripped off and assaulted enough, I'm sure they eventually will.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
....but I really wish the few businesses I frequent on Great Mills Road would move.

No kidding. I'm betting those businesses wish they could move, too. Just in the last week:

https://smnewsnet.com/archives/437165/armed-robbery-reported-on-great-mills-road/

On Sunday, July 22, 2018, at approximately 1:30 a.m., Deputies from the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office and Troopers from the Maryland State Police responded to the area of Canopy Liquors on Great Mills Road in Lexington Park for the reported armed robbery of two citizens.

The suspects are reportedly two black males wearing black, or dark clothing with masks, at least one of the suspects was armed with a handgun and stole multiple items from two victims and fled on foot.

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0718/cops-investigate-subway-break_in.html

No money stolen during Subway burglary

UPDATE

Authorities have determined that property was stolen from Subway during the break-in but it does not appear that the suspect(s) were able to gain access to the safe or steal any money.

LEXINGTON PARK, Md. - The St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office is investigating the break-in of a Subway restaurant on Great Mills Road, Lexington Park.

The break-in appears to have occurred during the overnight hours between July 18 and 19. Police believe the suspect(s) possibly kicked in the store's glass door or used a blunt object to gain entrance. It is unclear at this time if anything was taken from the store. The SMCSO is working with store management to review surveillance footage and develop suspect(s).

Not GM Road but still LP City:
https://smnewsnet.com/archives/437149/wawa-in-lexington-park-robbed-at-gunpoint/

WaWa in Lexington Park Robbed at Gunpoint
July 23, 2018

On Monday, July 23, 2018, at approximately 12:40 a.m., Deputies St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office and Troopers from the Maryland State Police responded to the WaWa Convenience Store on Three Notch Road, in Lexington Park, for the reported armed robbery.

The suspects are reported to be two black males wearing masks and black clothing with at least one suspect armed with a gun.

The suspects entered the store and pointed a gun at the cashier demanding money.

It is unknown exactly what the suspects stole before they fled on foot towards the CVS Pharmacy and Sonic Drive-In on Buck Hewitt Road.

The crime is rampant in the area and getting worse by the day.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
But wait! There's more!

Unknown How Many Guns Were Stolen From Tackle Box in Early Morning Break In

On Saturday, July 21, 2018, at approximately 4:30 a.m.. Deputies from the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office responded to the Tackle Box Gun Store located at 22000 block of Three Notch Road in Lexington Park, for a burglar alarm activation.

Upon arrival of police it was discovered unknown suspect(s) had entered the business and stolen an unknown number of guns, and fled prior to the arrival of law enforcement .

Police are not releasing any details at this time, but SMNEWSNET was on the scene when police located several guns and other evidence outside of the store.

https://smnewsnet.com/archives/4371...en-from-tackle-box-in-early-morning-break-in/

Tech

Wait, I had to check myself on the date, what is this, the third or fourth time this has happened? We keep having this conversation about this places security, and it keeps getting ripped off for guns.

It's like a nuisance bar.

nutz

Wait, I had to check myself on the date, what is this, the third or fourth time this has happened? We keep having this conversation about this places security, and it keeps getting ripped off for guns.

Surprising they can afford to keep an insurance policy on the place.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Great Mills getting in on the action now

Cash Register Stolen From Great Mills Sheetz

On Thursday, July 19, 2018, at approximately 1:40 a.m., St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to the Sheetz Convenience Store on Great Mills Road and Point Lookout Road, for the reported theft.

Police arrived on scene and were advised a male subject in all black had stolen a cash register from the establishment and fled on foot.

It is unknown how much money was in the register or if anything else was stolen. Police have not released a description of the suspect, and updates will be provided when they become available

https://smnewsnet.com/archives/437289/cash-register-stolen-from-great-mills-sheetz/

Guess they need to be closed earlier than 1:45 am now. :shrug:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Dang. Pretty soon, simply living in that general area will have to be added to the list of "good and substantial" reasons for MSP to approve concealed carry permits!

officeguy

Dang. Pretty soon, simply living in that general area will have to be added to the list of "good and substantial" reasons for MSP to approve concealed carry permits!

Having to go to a re-zone place like Baltimore city or Great Mills Road should be 'good and substantial reason' in and by itself.

Bonehead

Effing well hope so but it will never happen, I'll just beg forgiveness after the fact.

Goldenhawk

FWIW, all the listed crimes have occurred in the last week, and probably two of them less than an hour and mile apart were by the same pair of thugs. I would bet that everything else in the last few days has also been by the same pair.

So from my view, it's not like a sudden change in crime rate. While it has definitely been a bad week, I'm guessing that when they catch just two guys (which they will at some point) it will probably bring us back to the normal dull roar, which has been fairly quiet for months.