ISO Information Ropeweaving for old ladderback chair--who?

Hessian

Have two pieces of furniture we need to be re-roped (not caned...rather with rope)
Any of the Amish still do this? Any hobbyists out there that do it on the side?
These pieces are NOT museum quality, and they aren't part of a private quaker collection...they just need to be made useful again.
Contacts? Experiences?

(No I don't want to watch a 4 part series on You-tube that makes it look like a breeze)

black dog

Free America
I would see if they can do it or have a suggestion on who to call, Good folks.
Schoenbauer Furniture Service

Main Offices & Hours
Phone

Address
30507 Potomac Way,
Charlotte Hall, MD 20622

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
(No I don't want to watch a 4 part series on You-tube that makes it look like a breeze)

:killingme I hear ya! I learned how to do the rope chair seats as part of some craft project back in my youth; a nice stool that I actually still have. Now, I have a set of six chairs like the ones you describe and no frickin' way I'm redoing those myself. Be interested to hear how you make out with your chairs....and with whom.

black dog

Free America
I thought there was a Amish business that recaned chairs, I wonder if stopping by esh's
Buggy shop on Thompson Corner Rd and ask them who does it. Or ask one of the Yoders at the farm market if one of them rope chairs.

Hessian

I thought there was a Amish business that recaned chairs, I wonder if stopping by esh's
Buggy shop on Thompson Corner Rd and ask them who does it. Or ask one of the Yoders at the farm market if one of them rope chairs.

Black dog...
I followed your advice,..tracked down a young couple manning the Yoder's fruit stand. They directed me DEEP into Amish country to Barbara Sweary who has a cluttered shop tucked away on a dirt road. She gladly took the job...at about 1/5 the cost professional upholsterers were willing to bid. She'll call from the community phone booth when they are ready. Her uncle repairs screen windows....will send him some business next. Meanwhile....swung into an AMAZING harness & tack shop & bought some quality rope too. Thanks for the Tip!

black dog

Free America
Black dog...
I followed your advice,..tracked down a young couple manning the Yoder's fruit stand. They directed me DEEP into Amish country to Barbara Sweary who has a cluttered shop tucked away on a dirt road. She gladly took the job...at about 1/5 the cost professional upholsterers were willing to bid. She'll call from the community phone booth when they are ready. Her uncle repairs screen windows....will send him some business next. Meanwhile....swung into an AMAZING harness & tack shop & bought some quality rope too. Thanks for the Tip!

Glad it worked out for you..