I Finally Agree With Moore

B

Bruzilla

Everybody's favorite muck-raking fiction filmmaker Michael Moore is mad about how Democrats are becoming demoralized. He's all upset that the Dems are willing to allow the Republicans to win. Then he offers this description of Kerry...

"If I hear one more person tell me how lousy a candidate Kerry is and how he can't win... Dammit, of COURSE he's a lousy candidate -- he's a Democrat, for heavens sake! That party is so pathetic, they even lose the elections they win! What were you expecting, Bruce Springsteen heading up the ticket? Bruce would make a helluva president, but guys like him don't run -- and neither do you or I. People like Kerry run.

Yes, OF COURSE any of us would have run a better, smarter, kick-ass campaign. Of course we would have smacked each and every one of those phony swifty boaty bastards down. But WE are not running for president -- Kerry is. So quit complaining and work with what we have. Oprah just gave 300 women a... Pontiac! Did you see any of them frowning and moaning and screaming, "Oh God, NOT a friggin' Pontiac!" Of course not, they were happy. The Pontiacs all had four wheels, an engine and a gas pedal. You want more than that, well, I can't help you. I had a Pontiac once and it lasted a good year. And it was a VERY good year."

I left that last bit on there to again show how out of touch with reality Moore is. Oprah didn't give any cars away. The cars were given away by Pontiac as a promotional stunt to introduce their new car. That "BIG CORPORATION" was the one that did that wonderful thing that he wants to give Oprah credit for, yet he would be loathe to give them any credit.

But... you gotta love that a Liberal is finally coming out and admitting that they have a lousy candidate and they should only vote for him because he's the Democrat. And they wonder why they are losing.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's what the base...

...wants. The left wing base wants a fight, a blood fight.

They believe in their hearts that the election of 2000 was stolen yet not a wimper of support for their fallen champion.

They believe Dick Chenney controls Halliburton, the entire US governement AND has an evil, hurricane producing weather machine.

They believe the US is to blame for 9/11.

They believe Dick Chenney made it happen.

They believe that W is to dumb to tie his shoes yet he runs the entire show.

They believe, with all these other beliefs that they somehow have a chance of winning an election.

Why, pray tell, wouldn't we just steal that one to???

Micheal Moore came along and said 'Hey! I can make some serious money off of these stupid bastards! I'll just sell them what they want to buy! BOO! BOO I say!!! Run from those Bush Bastards! They'll steal your babies in the night! Evil! EVIL!!!'

Off to the bank our hero trots.

:patriot:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dammit, of COURSE he's a lousy candidate -- he's a Democrat, for heavens sake!
Not true, Big Mike. Clinton was an excellent candidate.

He's just pissed that his little "documentary" didn't have the desired effect on the campaign.

B

Bruzilla

Can you just imagine Bruce Springsteen as President? I mean, I know lots of kids who have called for their rock idols to run for President, but a (supposedly) mature male thinking that a rock star would make a "helluva" President???

I can see him listing Hillary, or Tom Daschle, Dick Gephardt, or even THE SCREAMER. But Springsteen? I just can't get past the vision of a screaming 13-year old girl with a "Ringo For Prez" sign... except she's wearing a ballcap now. And he wonders why so many people don't take him seriously.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Rock star for President...

...this is the difference, at core, of a liberal, especially a modern liberal and a conservative Dem or GOP 'er.

John Lennon as President:

Imagine.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Larry Gude said:
...this is the difference, at core, of a liberal, especially a modern liberal and a conservative Dem or GOP 'er.

John Lennon as President:

Imagine.

I think we should all write in Ozzy. I think we could bring foreign affairs to a whole new level. Steve Tyler for Secretary of Defense. Come on! You have seen the Aerosmith video game, haven't ya? They could kick ass with.... guitars!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
What were you expecting, Bruce Springsteen heading up the ticket? Bruce would make a helluva president, but guys like him don't run -- and neither do you or I. People like Kerry run.

Maybe Bruce would make a helluva President. Look how far he's gone with no singing abilities. A good backup band got him where he is. A good cabinet could work for him, too.

j/k (about the President part, anyway) :lmao: