Dear person who picks up after their dog...

hitchicken

I want to thank you for being a conscientious dog owner/carer and a good neighbor.

I don't want to thank you for putting your little black bag of dog droppings in MY TRASH BIN by my curb. I rarely have more than a single 30 gallon bag (tied shut because of food discards) in the MY BIG BIN and the trash collector does not dump the entire bin. They reach in to grab my bag and your little black bag gets by unnoticed. After several days in the hot sun the entire neighborhood notices by olfactory. It's like fermentation only worse. I'm old. It's a struggle to turn the bin over to remove your bag (can't reach it), pick it up (gag) & place in my plastic trash bag. Then I have to go in the house to boil my hand for 10 minutes.

Thank you for your potential consideration.

Last edited:

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I didn't know you lived in the Beach. Happens here all the time. It really annoys me when it goes into the recycling bin.

Then again, we have non-residents, and some residents for that matter, who bring their trash into town and put into any handy can the see including the public cans by the beach.

black dog

Free America
I want to thank you for being a conscientious dog owner/carer and a good neighbor.

I don't want to thank you for putting your little black bag of dog droppings in MY TRASH BIN by my curb. I rarely have more than a single 30 gallon bag (tied shut because of food discards) in the MY BIG BIN and the trash collector does not dump the entire bin. They reach in to grab my bag and your little black bag gets by unnoticed. After several days in the hot sun the entire neighborhood notices by olfactory. It's like fermentation only worse. I'm old. It's a struggle to turn the bin over to remove your bag (can't reach it), pick it up (gag) & place in my plastic trash bag. Then I have to go in the house to boil my hand for 10 minutes.

Thank you for your potential consideration.

Get you one of these, grap the doo doo baggie. Attach a note that you don't appreciate the doo doo in your can, and walk it down the street and toss it on the roof of the offenders home...

download (1).jpeg

GopherM

Darwin was right
We don't have a dog but walk a couple of miles through our neighborhood almost every day. MOST of the dog owners here (and there are a lot of them) don't pick up after there dogs so the streets and sidewalks become dangerous places to walk if you don't constantly keep an eye to the ground. I have seen a few of the people that clean up after their dogs do the same thing here and drop the bags in trash bins left by the curb. What is even worse is the ones that pick it up, tie a nice little knot in the top of the bag and then either leave it at the bottom of someone's driveway or somewhere in the yard just in from the curb. Still preferable to playing Dodge-Pile.

GopherM

Darwin was right
Get you one of these, grap the doo doo baggie. Attach a note that you don't appreciate the doo doo in your can, and walk it down the street and toss it on the roof of the offenders home...

View attachment 123845

Or retrieve it with rubber gloves and walk down to their house and tie the bag to their door knob or leave it on the hood of their car (maybe with a small tear in the bag). If the car is unlocked just leave it on the seat so it will be easier for them to find.

hitchicken

My problem is the bin is not easily visible from my house and there are several dog walkers in the area. I don't know which one is doing it.

GopherM

Darwin was right
The thing is I don't know where most of them live. Besides, I'm not much on confrontation. I heard about one guy who complained to an offender about illegally parking in a handicap spot. Boy, did HE get a surprise!

Maybe just leave a sign on the bin that it is not a poop receptacle. Too bad you can't time it just right and leave a wasp nest in the bin so they get a jolt when they open the lid to make their deposit.