Millennial Whines About Getting By On $4,000 A Month While Her Parents Pay Her Expenses

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
There’s so much to unpack in this recent Money Diaries post over at Refinery 29 — the series in which women from across the country earning various levels of income write anonymously about their finances. First of all, how on earth is this author earning $25 an hour as an intern? Her salary totals $2,990 each month, in that case. In addition, she earns $100 every week or two from babysitting and receives an allowance from her family

“On top of my intern salary, my parents give me a $800/month allowance, and my grandpa also wires me $300 every month (#blessed),” she writes. #Blessed indeed. There might be other descriptions.

Here’s a list of her monthly expenses, which made me laugh out loud.

• Rent: I live in a one bedroom/one den apartment. The total rent is $4,050. My share is $2,100 (my parents pay) and my roommate’s share is $1,950. (She lives in the den.)
  • Student Loan Payment: $0 (I’m still in school, and my parents pay for my education.)
  • Health Insurance: $0 (I’m on my parents’ plan.)
  • MoviePass: $9.95
  • Sugared + Bronzed Pass: $40.76 (I get one Brazilian sugaring a month.)
  • Equinox Membership: $210
  • Phone Bill: $0 (I’m on my parents’ plan.)
  • Netflix, Spotify, Amazon: $0 (I use my parents’ accounts.)

http://thefederalist.com/2018/07/23...ng-by-on-generous-salary-rent-free-apartment/

SamSpade

Does kind of make me glad our kids don't get an allowance.

We give them ad hoc pay for jobs they elect to take (over and above their normal chores, which are few).

If you are willing to work, you will make a lot of money - if you aren't, you get nothing.
Sadly, because I have also taught my children to be generous and charitable - I also have to forbid my daughters
from "giving" to their mooching brother who typically refuses to work for anything.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Sugared + Bronzed Pass: $40.76 (I get one Brazilian sugaring a month.)

Okay what is this and do the parentheses mean it's a separate statement from GURPS?