Driving from route 4 onto 231 westbound

catlingirl

Hi just wanted to apologize to the person behind us who we cut off while turning onto 231 from route 4. It shouldn't have happened and won't happen again. We didn't t mean to scare you or piss you off. My daughter is still learning and it's no excuse. But again I'm sorry. And I'm not putting the blame on my daughter, she actually was driving at the time.

Forkian

It's part of learning to drive. Just put a big yellow rookie driver sticker on the back glass and point to it and wave when these things happen.

Experience is the only way to become a good driver.

glhs837

Power with Control
To watch what she's doing and be careful. To stay in the lane she's in. She needs a lot more practice, that's for sure.

One thing I would hammer home is that very rarely is there a turn situation where you dont get another shot farther up the road. Even grown adults get fixated on the turn and get a semi panic going that they HAVE TO MAKE THIS TURN!!!!! Thats why you routinely see people backing down the breakdown lane to get to an exit they missed. When there's another exit a mile down the road that they can use to pull a long range U-turn. Especially in the age of instant nav rerouting. Miss a turn? Meh, no biggie, it's correctable. I also recommend a a lot of the intital traning be conducted early on weekend mornings while practicing basics. Then add traffic into the mix a little later. Wax On, Wax Off for a while first, then later have people try and hit you.

catlingirl

It's part of learning to drive. Just put a big yellow rookie driver sticker on the back glass and point to it and wave when these things happen.

Experience is the only way to become a good driver.

Yep already got the magnets saying student driver, etc. I'm trying to teach her and I know mistakes will happen. It's just a bit frustrating. She's doing well otherwise.

catlingirl

One thing I would hammer home is that very rarely is there a turn situation where you dont get another shot farther up the road. Even grown adults get fixated on the turn and get a semi panic going that they HAVE TO MAKE THIS TURN!!!!! Thats why you routinely see people backing down the breakdown lane to get to an exit they missed. When there's another exit a mile down the road that they can use to pull a long range U-turn. Especially in the age of instant nav rerouting. Miss a turn? Meh, no biggie, it's correctable. I also recommend a a lot of the intital traning be conducted early on weekend mornings while practicing basics. Then add traffic into the mix a little later. Wax On, Wax Off for a while first, then later have people try and hit you.

Thank you. She's already taken drivers ed and has been driving for a couple of months now.

limblips

PREMO Member
Please teach her to never turn the steering wheel until it is clear to turn. I have lost two friends who had the wheel turned left and were rear ended and pushed in to oncoming traffic.

catlingirl

Please teach her to never turn the steering wheel until it is clear to turn. I have lost two friends who had the wheel turned left and were rear ended and pushed in to oncoming traffic.

I'm so sorry that happened to you and I will definitely tell her that.