The Hits Just Keep on Coming!

TPD

the poor dad
This is the 5th accident (that I am aware of, could be more) in less than 40 days in a 5 mile stretch of mostly straight road with excellent sight lines.

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0718/crash-causes-injuries-in-dameron.html

This accident happened just an hour after I had someone pass me in this very same spot going north. The person headed southbound had to take to the shoulder to avoid the car passing me. I'm starting to wonder if we are having more accidents here than the stretch of road from Gate 1 to Route 4...... Either way it should not be happening.

Slow your asses down people and pay attention!!!!

glhs837

Power with Control
This is the 5th accident (that I am aware of, could be more) in less than 40 days in a 5 mile stretch of mostly straight road with excellent sight lines.

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0718/crash-causes-injuries-in-dameron.html

This accident happened just an hour after I had someone pass me in this very same spot going north. The person headed southbound had to take to the shoulder to avoid the car passing me. I'm starting to wonder if we are having more accidents here than the stretch of road from Gate 1 to Route 4...... Either way it should not be happening.

Slow your asses down people and pay attention!!!!

Nucking Futs!!!!!! Thats what it is. And I think we all know why. Phones.

ginwoman

It is getting so so bad on the roads. People think they are invincible and drive like idiots yapping away on cell phones

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
It is getting so so bad on the roads. People think they are invincible and drive like idiots yapping away on cell phones
It is everywhere, and so much worse than it used to be. People are driving as though they are the only people on the roads and they can do whatever they want. THEY are the important ones and what they want is what happens. No turn signals, no stopping at signs or lights, no looking before changing lanes, none of that matters because it is their road and they are on it alone.

This just goes along with the growing lack of civility among people these days. I salute those of you who have become the Jedi of driving defensively. May your reflexes stay sharp, your airbags always deploy, and may Lady Luck be a constant companion in your vehicle.

FED_UP

Passed a 3 car wreck at Chancellors and Buckhewitt intersection, two of the cars were definitly going to the junkyard. Ridiculous of of how many people are texting even during rush hour traffic.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I suggest you all not weigh in until our resident Expert Traffic Investigator gets here!

ginwoman

I suggest you all not weigh in until our resident Expert Traffic Investigator gets here!

Who dat?? How can the message be spread to all the crazy drivers? They probably don't listen to the news or radio with satellite. You would think they would see with all the accidents/injuries/deaths that they need to take a breath, put down the phone and slow down. Plus....don't most cars have bluetooth nowadays? Couldn't they yap away safer using bluetooth?

TPD

the poor dad
Many drive as if it was a video game.

Very true! Just a couple days ago, I was headed north on 235 near St. James Deli with cruise set on 55. Chevy Impala passed me on the left going about 70 then passed the vehicle in front of me by TAKING THE SHOULDER OF THE ROAD DOING 70!! It looked like he was playing frogger.

TPD

the poor dad
While we are on the subject, does anyone here ( glhs?? ) know what happened in St. Mary's City on Rt. 5? I noticed about 2 weeks ago that the guardrail protecting the creek has been breached. It appears someone was traveling southbound and could not negotiate the turn coming into the city and ran through the guardrail into the swamp. I never saw any news reports about this incident.

I've always wondered why we waste so much money putting guardrails around every ditch and waterway when they seem to be so easy to bust through....

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Passed a 3 car wreck at Chancellors and Buckhewitt intersection, two of the cars were definitly going to the junkyard. Ridiculous of of how many people are texting even during rush hour traffic.

That intersection was a lot worse before they reconfigured it. That little jog in the road caused a lot of wrecks and flyouts years ago.

glhs837

Power with Control
While we are on the subject, does anyone here ( glhs?? ) know what happened in St. Mary's City on Rt. 5? I noticed about 2 weeks ago that the guardrail protecting the creek has been breached. It appears someone was traveling southbound and could not negotiate the turn coming into the city and ran through the guardrail into the swamp. I never saw any news reports about this incident.

I've always wondered why we waste so much money putting guardrails around every ditch and waterway when they seem to be so easy to bust through....

Thought I heard something posted on one of the local sites, didnt make the connection til I saw the broken guardrail, and cant find it now. Some jackass even managed to crash to the inside of the curve coming down the big hill on 5 before you get to Willows. Right past that guardrail he augured in. No damn clue what people are doing out there....... Deputize my ass with a dashcam I'll rack up careless driving cites all damn day long.

glhs837

Power with Control

You have but to ask...... 2:46am, far past my bedtime :)

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0718/single-vehicle-crash-sends-car-into-water.html