local AA meetings

paxnewbie

Is anyone aware of local AA meetings here in the county that were cancelled last Sunday? It doesn't seem likely that meetings would be cancelled with someone at the door turning people away, but that is the story I'm getting from my alcoholic.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Not my area of expertise but if you know where the meeting was scheduled to be held, and who was sponsoring it, perhaps you could go online & find a contact number that you could use to call and verify whether or not the meeting was cancelled. Many meetings take place in public buildings (churches, community centers, etc.), so there ought to be someone available to answer your question.

Hope this helps you find some peace of mind. This might have actually been the case if the weather was bad (floods, etc.) in that neck of the woods.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Is anyone aware of local AA meetings here in the county that were cancelled last Sunday? It doesn't seem likely that meetings would be cancelled with someone at the door turning people away, but that is the story I'm getting from my alcoholic.

I have a couple of random comments
1. If your alcoholic went and came home in short order with that story, it might be the truth. I'd be more concerned if they attended a meeting that was canceled.
2. If I recall last weekend was a washout, I know several places near flood prone areas closed.

several churches in the area host meeting, one in particular is on Rt 4 (St. Andrews Church Rd) right in the disaster that is the road construction zone.