Thread: When concerts were under $10

When concerts were under $10

Some friends went to DC last night to hear the Eagles and James Taylor. It got me thinking about the first time I had heard the Eagles- an unknown warm up band...I did see (hear) them again after they were more famous.

Through all my travels and moves, I have managed to keep a box with old photos and a small baggie with some; though not all; concert stubs.

Steve Miller Band 1974 $5.50, Marshall Tucker Band 1975 $5.50, Loggins & Messina & Fleetwood Mac 1975 $5.50, Neil Young & Poco 1976 $6.50, Charlie Daniels & Little Feat 1975 $5.50, Molly Hatchet 1980 $8.50, Black Oak Arkansas, Golden Earring & Robin Trower 1974 $6, Allman Brothers 1975 $6.50, etc etc etc. My very first concert with the Guess Who and Jerry LaCroix and White Trash 1972 $4.50!

And tripping down memory lane, there are so many concerts I attended that I don't have stubs to: Rolling Stones, Edgar Winter, Johnny Winter, Canned Heat, Foghat, J Geils, America, Dan Fogelberg, ZZ, Stevie Ray Vaughn and more.

The good old days!
    "It's nice to be important but it's also important to be nice."

We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

First concert I ever went to -- the Eagles at Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh with an unknown back-up band - Fleetwood Mac. I don't remember how much it cost. I was a poor college student at the time so I know it wasn't that much!
    Irish Diplomacy...is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip.

When life gives you lemons, make applejuice. And watch them try and figure out what you did there.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Louis Jordan and the Tympany Five.

Jefferson somebody or other, 1975 ....
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Motley Crue 1990
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Members who have read this thread: 35