A/C Repair

OldHillcrestGuy

Any recommendations for a good A/C person in the St. Mary's, Calvert or Charles area. A/C was working overnight went to doctors appt. this morning, gone about 4 hours and it has stopped. Already checked the breaker its OK.

Hessian

Leitches...Ask for Gary Ostenso.
Its NOT cheap....but they are efficient & get it done right.

Bobwhite

TN Bowes. I had new a/c installed last week. I got three estimates. TN Bowes gave me the best price. When I was researching, I came across a couple of websites that stated that the installation is more important than the equipment.

MiddleGround

Do you have the SMECO energy saving unit? They can shut off your system when there is an "event." Usually lasts about 3-4 hours.

OldHillcrestGuy

Its fixed turned out to be simple fix, was the capulator(sp) son had same problem a few years ago and thought my problem could be the same. He took it off and after conferring with a HVAC he knew, they concluded that it was bad and the HVAC guy had the part on his truck son picked it from him and replaced it. With son as my fixer and HVAC friend it cost less then $25.

Thanks for all the suggestions, if I have any other major problems in the future I will certainly keep Bowes and Booth (heard many goods things about Booths) in my memory bank.

OldHillcrestGuy

Its fixed turned out to be simple fix, was the capulator(sp) son had same problem a few years ago and thought my problem could be the same. He took it off and after conferring with a HVAC he knew, they concluded that it was bad and the HVAC guy had the part on his truck son picked it from him and replaced it. With son as my fixer and HVAC friend it cost less then $25.

Thanks for all the suggestions, if I have any other major problems in the future I will certainly keep Bowes and Booth (heard many goods things about Booths) in my memory bank.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I like capulator better.

:killingme

I just replaced the "capulator" on the motor on my big table saw. Got to where it wouldn't spin up without blowing the breaker. All better now.

I have an old but low-hour Westinghouse combined-unit dual-compressor commercial AC system out back of the shop. I really want to hook it up and AC the shop. When I went to test it last year, it fired right off. Then one by one, the fan and compressor motors quit...turns out that just about every single start and run "capulator" was bad. There are 10 of the damned things on the unit...

PeoplesElbow

:killingme

I just replaced the "capulator" on the motor on my big table saw. Got to where it wouldn't spin up without blowing the breaker. All better now.

I have an old but low-hour Westinghouse combined-unit dual-compressor commercial AC system out back of the shop. I really want to hook it up and AC the shop. When I went to test it last year, it fired right off. Then one by one, the fan and compressor motors quit...turns out that just about every single start and run "capulator" was bad. There are 10 of the damned things on the unit...

Did you use a flux capulator?