1 Kings 8 God in a box?

seekeroftruth

1 Kings 8:27 “But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built! 28 Yet give attention to your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy, Lord my God. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence this day. 29 May your eyes be open toward this temple night and day, this place of which you said, ‘My Name shall be there,’ so that you will hear the prayer your servant prays toward this place. 30 Hear the supplication of your servant and of your people Israel when they pray toward this place. Hear from heaven, your dwelling place, and when you hear, forgive.​

I am amazed. These verses are not in all the commentaries. The commentaries just skip over them... not all the commentaries... but a few. Interesting....

This is from blueletterbible.org.

How much less this temple which I have built! We are glad that Solomon said this. From his statement in 1 Kings 8:12-13 we might have thought that he drifted towards a superstitious idea that God actually lived in the temple to the exclusion of other places. It was important to recognize that though God had a special presence in the temple, He was far too great to be restricted to the temple.

May You hear the supplication of Your servant and of Your people Israel, when they pray toward this place: Solomon asked God to incline His ear towards the king and the people when they prayed from the temple. For this reason, many observant Jews still pray facing the direction of the site of the temple in Jerusalem.

When You hear, forgive: Solomon knew that the most important thing Israel needed was forgiveness. This was the greatest answer to prayer Israel could expect from God.​

Maybe they don't understand it. God's cloud is in the temple but He's not? God use to walk with Adam and Eve. Genesis 3:8 says that God walked with them in the cool of the day. A nice cool walk at the end of a hard day naming the plants and animals in the magnificent garden made by God himself. He walked with them in the first edition garden. Before they sinned............

Now God allowed them to build a grand little Temple for Him. So is this when man first started putting God in a box?

When the Temple was finished.... God went there.... Of course He did. God didn't stay there 24/7.... Do you stay in your home 24/7?

God is God. He knows everything that goes on. It's like God has a built in "ring" on all of us. If we need Him, He's there. If our need is only angel grade... He commands the angels. If our need is conscience grade... the Spirit is there for those assignments. God knows everything... He knows how it all turns out.... and so He knows when we're going to mess up, or slip, or fall flat on our faces.... because He controls time.... He stopped the world on it's axis once and He can do it again if He so pleases. He's to big to be in a box. He'll look inside the box... and let us see Him watching.... He'll run His finger down you spine and let you know He's with you.... even though you can't see him.

If you behave.... God will be a Father. When you complete an amazing work for Him.... He'll let you know He sees it.

Wait.... God came in a dark cloud.... that's what those dark clouds might be....

While I'm writing this, Charles Stanley is on TV. He's telling me to teach what I know... a girl could take this seriously.

:coffee: