What do you think of teen shows?

N7Spectre

I knew a girl who wasn’t allowed to watch Melrose Place or Beverly Hills, 90210 because her Mom thought it was “smut”. I gave her DVD copies of both behind her Mom’s back! Fun times!

Why are parents so stupid?

Goldenhawk

I knew a few teenagers who thought they were much smarter than parents. Then they grew up and realized how little they understood.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I knew a few teenagers who thought they were much smarter than parents. Then they grew up and realized how little they understood.

After all these years, and though they are both dead, I am, now, thankful for having my ass whooped on the many occasions it was required. When I didn't "hear" what was being "taught", it was later driven home with some informational yelling and a good old fashioned beating. Lessons learned that are still relevant to this day.

Bonehead

I never had to beat my children at any point when they were growing up. Just sayin' there are other ways to modify behavior.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I never had to beat my children at any point when they were growing up. Just sayin' there are other ways to modify behavior.

Well ... my folks were from the old school, depression era. When we were punished, it was not for small or frivolous things. Things that would make you say, "He sure did deserve that one". Or, "That'll teach him". But it's all good. They still loved us. Reason why they did it maybe? Dunno. Maybe the same way they were raised? Most likely. Hard times and all.

warneckutz

I knew a girl who wasn’t allowed to watch Melrose Place or Beverly Hills, 90210 because her Mom thought it was “smut”. I gave her DVD copies of both behind her Mom’s back! Fun times!

"Flat Earth" statement...

FED_UP

Did not care what the kids watched, they see nothing worse in school and on the streets these days and the internet. One day the son fell asleep, I come in the room about 1:00am, xrated show was playing, I said boy your lucky your mom did not come in here instead of me, he just turned over and went back to sleep.

Kinnakeet

did not care what the kids watched, they see nothing worse in school and on the streets these days and the internet. One day the son fell asleep, i come in the room about 1:00am, xrated show was playing, i said boy your lucky your mom did not come in here instead of me, he just turned over and went back to sleep.
did you finish watching the x-rated show...lol

CPUSA

I hope you tell your parents constantly how stupid they are. I hope you remind them that raising you, feeding you, clothing you, putting a roof over your head...was a waste of time that they could have used more productively...like raising an appreciative child. Maybe you should suggest a retroactive abortion to them. I know THAT is not feasible, so maybe they could just disown you?