Standings prior to The Glen:

OldHillCrestGuy 81
Calvcopf 72
Monello 71
HomeDepot20 66
Stgislander 63

Last edited:

OldHillcrestGuy

Why change anything, 4 of my 5 drivers are the top qualifiers for this race. Well maybe scratch Harvick for Hamlin.

Truex J. (1)
Busch Ky.
Larson Ky.
Elliott
Hamlin

homedepot20

Standing AFTER Watkins Glen

OldHillCrestGuy 81+3=84
Calvcopf 72+2=74
Monello 71+3=74 ( Pocono Picks)
HomeDepot20 66+3=69
Stgislander 63+2=65

Next Race - Sunday 12 August 2PM at MICHIGAN

homedepot20

Standing AFTER Watkins Glen

OldHillCrestGuy 81+3=84
Calvcopf 72+2=74
Monello 71+3=74 ( Pocono Picks)
HomeDepot20 66+3=69
Stgislander 63+2=65

Next Race - Sunday 12 August 2PM at MICHIGAN

Monello despite not picking & using last weeks picks is now TIED for 2nd with Calvcopf , 10 points behind LEADER , OldHillCrestGuy

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Finally , Elliottt WINS or Finally a Track you like or Finally the Race was so boring , it OVER ??????

Miss you this year from our Forum :buddies: You can still join late !!!!!!!!

Can someone clue me in on why the Elliott win is being highly celebrated? I see a few facebook posts congratulating him when I don't see the same happiness when other drivers win.

I fell asleep at the wheel as far as my picks go. This week got away from me. I like to wait until after qualifying to see if someone is sent to the back for breaking some sort of rule. At first I just picked names until I realized I was picking people that didn't even enter a particular race.

Yesterday I did my own racing. Took 1 of those alpine sled rides here in the mountains. I got a nasty bruise on my back from the sled's back rest. Ain't doing that again.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Can someone clue me in on why the Elliott win is being highly celebrated? I see a few facebook posts congratulating him when I don't see the same happiness when other drivers win.

I fell asleep at the wheel as far as my picks go. This week got away from me. I like to wait until after qualifying to see if someone is sent to the back for breaking some sort of rule. At first I just picked names until I realized I was picking people that didn't even enter a particular race.

Yesterday I did my own racing. Took 1 of those alpine sled rides here in the mountains. I got a nasty bruise on my back from the sled's back rest. Ain't doing that again.

Because he's the next Dale Jr. NASCAR's new most popular driver.

calvcopf

It's because Chase Elliott is a popular driver and it took much longer than expected for him to win in a Cup car. Many of us were big fans of his father, Bill Elliott. Combine his father's fans and all of the Dale Jr fans that need a new driver to pull for and the fact that he seems like a down to Earth and genuinely likable person.

Also, we are tired of seeing the same guys win every week.

-Alpine Sled racing sounds fun (except for the bruised back)! Never done that!

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
It's because Chase Elliott is a popular driver and it took much longer than expected for him to win in a Cup car. Many of us were big fans of his father, Bill Elliott. Combine his father's fans and all of the Dale Jr fans that need a new driver to pull for and the fact that he seems like a down to Earth and genuinely likable person.

Also, we are tired of seeing the same guys win every week.

-Alpine Sled racing sounds fun (except for the bruised back)! Never done that!

^:yeahthat:^

He is also a past Xfinity Series Champion driving for Junior Motorsports.

homedepot20

If ever one is EXPECTING Elliott like Junior to continue the FAMILY name , your are WASTING your time !!!!!!!! Sometime the GENES are not there . Growing up on Lee & Richard Petty , I kinda expected Kyle to continue the family name . WAS I WRONG . Adam may have had a chance , but we will never know ( Adam Petty RIP )

Ellliot will be just that , NASCAR Most POPULAR driver , nothing more (IMO)

Last edited:

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Did you see the crowd go wild when he took the lead!

[video=youtube;TU9MjTxOHS0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU9MjTxOHS0[/video]

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
If ever one is EXPECTING Elliott like Junior to continue the FAMILY name , your are WASTING your time !!!!!!!! Sometime the GENES are not there . Growing up on Lee & Richard Petty , I kinda expected Kyle to continue the family name . WAS I WRONG . Adam may have had a chance , but we will never know ( Adam Petty RIP )

Ellliot will be just that , NASCAR Most POPULAR driver , nothing more (IMO)

Here's something to jog your memory Homie. These are just Dale Jr's Cup wins, there's another for all his Xfinity wins and two championships.

[video=youtube;CqGd2E0HvVQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqGd2E0HvVQ[/video]