The Dirty Bookstore in LP City

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
When I moved to SOMD way back in 1998, I was looking for an area map. I stopped in to see if they had any. I saw very few books in the front of the store. I asked the cashier if they sold maps and he told me NO. I was quite puzzled since I didn't realize they had a back room. In the short time I was in there, nobody exited nor entered the back room. Once I learned it was an adult toy store, it made sense the barren front display area.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I don't even want to think about the kind of people who go in there.

No kidding! :lol:

When I moved to SOMD way back in 1998, I was looking for an area map. I stopped in to see if they had any. I saw very few books in the front of the store. I asked the cashier if they sold maps and he told me NO. I was quite puzzled since I didn't realize they had a back room. In the short time I was in there, nobody exited nor entered the back room. Once I learned it was an adult toy store, it made sense the barren front display area.

:roflmao: My best friend and I went in there once in the early 80s and that's what it was like back then. Although we did venture into the back room. :whistle:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I used to go in there occasionally and browse the books. I mentioned this to a gal I worked with and she said, "Do you ever go in the back?" Me: "? Why would I go in the back?" Well, she showed me. :twitch:

I had no idea it was more than just a book store.

glhs837

Power with Control
When I got here in 1993, I was freshly divorced and had very little money. But still needed books. I was taking in grocery bags of paperbacks culled from my sizable collection, and using whatever they paid me to buy stuff off the shelves, they had a not bad science fiction and fantasy selection. No clue about the back room. Mentioned in the shop that I was buying books there, lots of laughs and such. Until they realized I really was just buying and selling normal books. I'm sure ASEC would rather they had kept the "Bookstore" name

TPD

the poor dad
Ok I’ll admit it - I’ve been in the back! But only to buy gifts for friends, family, & employees. You thought Toys R Us had great toys? Check out the back room of the LP City Adult Center for great toys!

True funny story - my grandma & mother went in there one day back in the 80s to buy books having no clue what was in the back room. Signs clearly visible that you must show ID before passing this point. They saw the signs but wondered why you would need an ID to buy books. I told them about the back room. They were church going ladies. They were horrified! Never went back for books again..at least that I am aware of.

Ok I’ll admit it - I’ve been in the back! But only to buy gifts for friends, family, & employees. You thought Toys R Us had great toys? Check out the back room of the LP City Adult Center for great toys!

They have some great toy silver rocket ships that vibrate! Gave the kids a couple of those. They loved them!

warneckutz

I used to go in there occasionally and browse the books. I mentioned this to a gal I worked with and she said, "Do you ever go in the back?" Me: "? Why would I go in the back?" Well, she showed me. :twitch:

I had no idea it was more than just a book store.

:bs::duh::bubble:

glhs837

Power with Control
Huh. All these years and I never knew that was there.....

I'm hitting this......

BS Button.jpg

black dog

Free America
I loved the part where,,, " I don't even want to think about the kind of people who go in there". And they all have been in there... :gossip:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I loved the part where,,, " I don't even want to think about the kind of people who go in there". And they all have been in there... :gossip:

I was young, dumb, and curious. :lol: It was also 35+ years ago and I haven't been back in it since. :shrug:

Tech

The new sign has been up for several months, drove by yesterday morning, looks like the inside is under remodeling.:whistle: