Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teslad continues to bleed

Tesla continues to bleed

The continued losses are astounding!

Tesla's second-quarter revenue should grow by more than $1 billion as it delivered more Model 3 electric cars. But analysts predict it won't be enough to stop the company's net loss from rising dramatically when the Palo Alto, California, company reports earnings after the bell Wednesday.
    https://www.manufacturing.net/news/2...d=toc_headline
    Last edited by Gilligan; 08-01-2018 at 11:52 AM.
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

One day all that Paypal money may be gone.

He's just in the wrong market.

https://futurism.com/tesla-surfboard/
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    The continued losses are astounding!

https://www.manufacturing.net/news/2...d=toc_headline
    Not that it's particularly smart to make any bets on TSLA stock (it seems to move independent of normal market indicators), but I would bet you a ham sandwich they go up after the report.

The bulk of negative news you hear about tesla is from the shorters who own an estimated 25% of public shares and stand to lose a LOT of money once they have to cover their shorts.

The fact is, TSLA makes a profit on every car sold (30% profit claim independently verified by Munroe & Associates). The only reason their balance sheet is red is that they are spending a ton on capital expenditures and pushes into tangential markets. Think Amazon, which took more than a decade to make a profit all the while expanding from selling books to selling other goods, services, cloud computing, video streaming, robotics, music, etc.

TSLA Market cap is pretty rediculous, but thats because investors believe that eventually Tesla will be a one stop shop for home energy generation and backup as well as vehicle and fuel plus "services" (I.E: SpaceX internet and music). They believe TSLA will be the equivalent of GE+GM+Ferrari+Hughesnet+SeriusXM and be palatable to the hippies. And they may be correct.
    Last edited by Clem72; 08-01-2018 at 01:47 PM.

We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/...roduction.aspx

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-turning-point

The shares surged as much as 9.2 percent as of 6:25 a.m. New York time Thursday, before the start of regular trading. Tesla stock was down 3.4 percent this year through Wednesday’s close.
    But here's where you see the benefits of a concerted campaign by shorts to buld an image. Even in an otherwisepeice, I see this line

Still, with the company building some Model 3 cars manually under a tent outside its assembly plant
    No, they do have a "tent", but it's another assembly line, not a bunch of guy picking through piles of parts to assembe cars by hand. I've also seen the tent described as "makeshift". Having seen pictures of it, and knowing that similar "makeshift" tents here on base (we call then hanagars:)) have been standing 10 years or better, the term make#### serves only to instill an image.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tesla Tent.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	124062

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tesla Tent 2.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	124063
    "I am capable of much unpleasantness."

https://www.teslarati.com/greenlight...t-seller-loss/

Regardless of his fund’s losses, Einhorn still maintains his short position against Tesla, stating that he doubts the Model 3 could be “produced profitably anytime soon, if ever.” Einhorn also criticized Tesla’s ongoing initiatives to rush the Model 3 to reservation holders, as well as Elon Musk’s “erratic and desperate” behavior on social media.

“Right now the market is telling us we are wrong, wrong, wrong about nearly everything. We wonder whether surge production techniques to support self-congratulatory tweets are economically efficient ways of ramping production, or whether customers will be happy with the quality of a car rush through production to prove a point to short sellers. The most striking feature of the quarter is that Elon Musk appears erratic and desperate,” Einhorn wrote.

In response to reports of Einhorn opting not to renew his Model S’ lease, Tesla CEO Elon Musk fired off a tweet trolling the hedge fund owner.
    TicToc by Bloomberg

@tictoc
    · 31 Jul
    The billionaire president of Greenlight Capital David Einhorn isn’t renewing his Tesla lease https://bloom.bg/2LU0ZSi pic.twitter.com/SmvzO3evpS

Elon Musk

@elonmusk
    Tragic. Will send Einhorn a box of short shorts to comfort him through this difficult time.

3:46 AM - Aug 1, 2018
    1,095 people are talking about this

So, Musk, if you want to keep tweeting, keep it like this :) Lighthearted poking, not assh%^ comments aimed at tangential people.

Musk just announced he plans to take Tesla private at $420/share..and has the funds lined up to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Musk just announced he plans to take Tesla private at $420/share..and has the funds lined up to do it.
    Well, considering isnt the same as doing. Sitting at $358 a share right now. I hope not, since I'm hoping that the rumor that Tesla shareholders get first crack at SpaceX shares is true.

LOL...I just read three different news flashes on the subject. One used "could", one used "might" and that third used "wants to"......

Members who have read this thread: 33