Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teslad continues to bleed

Some speculation this is part of the "short burn of the century". Another noted that only Elon could say "And I have the money" regarding a 70 billion dollar buy and nobody even blinks. :) The reviews of the Model 3, especially the performance edition, are just over the moon.

from Car and Driver......

As you can imagine, this is a ton of fun. The magic of the Model 3 platform is in the feedback. The quick steering murmurs surface changes into your fingertips. The chassis lets you know exactly where and when the weight is shifting. Tossability, low polar moment and charm are all baked into the design. The Performance upgrades just let it sing louder.

The car minimizes distraction. With no engine noise to out-shout everything, and no concerns over shift points or powerband, you can focus on the most elemental part of track driving: The tires. I've never had such a clear understanding of the millisecond changes in front-end grip through a corner. You hear, and feel, everything going on at the contact patches, even at 100-plus. Pushing wide through Turn 1? Dab in a little regen, load up that front axle, and get ready to rotate. Feeling light over Lime Rock's puckering Uphill? You'll hear it, and correct for it, at a level you've never experienced in a bellowing internal-combustion car.
    Motor Trend....

During his brief test drive with the Motor Trend team, Reynolds floored the Model 3 DMP and the car “surged ahead so startlingly that it stopped conversation. Except maybe for an uttered ‘Oh my god.’ I braked pretty hard and arched up the on-ramp toward the freeway. It was a flourish more akin to swiping a navigation route on your phone than driving a car on the actual road. [Fellow passenger] Carol might have been upside down by the time I backed off.”

What about the Model 3’s handling? Reynolds reports, “the dual motor and all-wheel drive give the compact Tesla a tensed, hair-trigger potency for leaping ahead or around whatever’s in the way. It’s pure jungle cat.”
    "I am capable of much unpleasantness."

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Some speculation this is part of the "short burn of the century". Another noted that only Elon could say "And I have the money" regarding a 70 billion dollar buy and nobody even blinks. :) The reviews of the Model 3, especially the performance edition, are just over the moon.

from Car and Driver......

Motor Trend....
    Sounds impressive...but I'd miss the noise. ;-)
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Sounds impressive...but I'd miss the noise. ;-)
    Hmmm, throttle linked soundtrack? BMW has been doing this for a while now.....
    "I am capable of much unpleasantness."

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Hmmm, throttle linked soundtrack? BMW has been doing this for a while now.....
    351 gr 5 race-built Cleveland with quad Webers and on second stage of nitrous....
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

Members who have read this thread: 33