Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atlantic Broad Band Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenhawk View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. It's good to know the terminology you'll hear on the phone when you call tech support; those employees tend to forget that nobody else speaks their language.
    You're welcome and I completely understand that. And why I as a 30+ year IT geek take great care to keep the terms I use simplified so their eyes don't glaze over when I try to explain something

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    So, if I replace their unit with my own do I have to activate it or anything? Or is it just unplug ABB's and plug mine in?
    They need the Mac IP of the new device.

When telling the technician at the house about issues I was having with my converter/DVR the other day, told me to wait (if I could) towards the end of September when they start swapping the old units with new TiVO units. I didn't think TiVo was still around.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    When telling the technician at the house about issues I was having with my converter/DVR the other day, told me to wait (if I could) towards the end of September when they start swapping the old units with new TiVO units. I didn't think TiVo was still around.
    https://www.tivo.com
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Members who have read this thread: 65