Must be nice...

transporter

Just saw a guy using a JSF government vehicle to pick up lunch at Mission BBQ.

Your tax dollars at work :yay:

BFD...our incompetent and inept President promised he would "spend every weekend in the White House working"...in reality he flies Air Force to one of his gold courses every weekend...all those on here who used to scream about Obama doing this now simply ignore the waste.

You really think these people will give a damn (or even should give a damn) about some working stiff driving the company car to get lunch???

stgislander

PREMO Member
BFD...our incompetent and inept President promised he would "spend every weekend in the White House working"...in reality he flies Air Force to one of his gold courses every weekend...all those on here who used to scream about Obama doing this now simply ignore the waste.

You really think these people will give a damn (or even should give a damn) about some working stiff driving the company car to get lunch???

You just couldn't help yourself could you?

Damn I hope Giligan throws you the high hard one soon. You need it.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Just saw a guy using a JSF government vehicle to pick up lunch at Mission BBQ. Your tax dollars at work :yay:

Well, if they are already out and about, what's the big deal? Unless there are orders to the contrary? Your thoughts then on having what looks like the entirety of Calvert's deputies, (about six or more vehicles), [does seems to fill the parking lot up], parked at Salas Mexican Cafe in the Lusby Giant Foods area eating?

PsyOps

Pixelated
in reality he flies Air Force to one of his gold courses every weekend...all those on here who used to scream about Obama doing this now simply ignore the waste

Which reminds me... Obama was in town last week and decided to play golf on Andrews AFB. Shut down the entire golf course for over 4 hours. Anyone that made plans to play on that day were screwed.

MiddleGround

Well, if they are already out and about, what's the big deal? Unless there are orders to the contrary? Your thoughts then on having what looks like the entirety of Calvert's deputies, (about six or more vehicles), [does seems to fill the parking lot up], parked at Salas Mexican Cafe in the Lusby Giant Foods area eating?

First of all, let me say. It is stunning how just about ANY thread on this forum gets tied into Trump, Obama, Clinton, and the likes. You people really need to get hobbies!

Next, police cruisers are supposed to be a presence in the community and therefore should be allowed to be used for food breaks (lunch, dinner, etc.) Now, taking them home after a shift, letting grandma use them to go to the pet store, etc. is not what they are meant for.

As far as I know, JSF government vehicles are to be used for official business ONLY! Lunch runs and Walmart shopping trips should be done with personal vehicles.

PeoplesElbow

Maybe it was people on travel to PAX River using the van to pick up lunch.

I had a marine officer at Cherry Point insist that I was doing something wrong going through the McDonalds drive through in a government van, I was TAD to Cherry Point, that van was how I got to Cherry Point and was my only transportation. He still wrote down the plate number and reported me, nothing happened of course.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
First of all, let me say. It is stunning how just about ANY thread on this forum gets tied into Trump, Obama, Clinton, and the likes. You people really need to get hobbies!

Next, police cruisers are supposed to be a presence in the community and therefore should be allowed to be used for food breaks (lunch, dinner, etc.) Now, taking them home after a shift, letting grandma use them to go to the pet store, etc. is not what they are meant for.

As far as I know, JSF government vehicles are to be used for official business ONLY! Lunch runs and Walmart shopping trips should be done with personal vehicles.

The thing is that Calvert's deputies (I don't know about Charles or St. Mary's) take their vehicles home, one of the perks of the job. I don't know if this is still true because there was a stink raised about it several years ago, but they also were/are encouraged to use them for errands like grocery shopping while in the County.

Theory is that it adds to visibility and has a curbing effect on behaviors.

MiddleGround

The thing is that Calvert's deputies (I don't know about Charles or St. Mary's) take their vehicles home, one of the perks of the job. I don't know if this is still true because there was a stink raised about it several years ago, but they also were/are encouraged to use them for errands like grocery shopping while in the County.

I can see them having the perk of taking the vehicle home but, I don't agree with it being used for errands. It merely encourages abuse and adds little to nothing to "curbing effects on behaviors"

I do wonder if there is some sort of milage accountability on them.

PeoplesElbow

Knowing what people do while in the back of those things, there is no way I would want to.