Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atlantic Broadband issues?

I'll look into that. Hopefully the cable is beneath and not in the concrete. I will still have to chip the concrete away where the cable comes up along the wall though.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    I'll look into that. Hopefully the cable is beneath and not in the concrete. I will still have to chip the concrete away where the cable comes up along the wall though.
    True, but you will need that for the conduit to exit the earth and hit a service elbow junction before entering the house, right?

https://www.mayerelectric.com/127796...ntrance-Elbows
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    True, but you will need that for the conduit to exit the earth and hit a service elbow junction before entering the house, right?

https://www.mayerelectric.com/127796...ntrance-Elbows
    Actually the bright orange coax pops up through the concrete, over 24" and up 18" where it enters the box mounted to the side of the house.

Fortunately I don't have to worry about that. The problem is out on the pole. Unfortunately, he now hands it off to a different section of the service department (the bucket truck guys). He is a ConnectOne subcontractor and the bucket truck guys are MetroCast/AtlanticBroadband, and the two groups don't talk to each other. The company line is it could be as soon as 24 hours before the bucket truck guys can come out.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

That didn't take long...

Received my latest Atlantic Broadband Bill, including some new rate hikes!

Anyone else?
    Earth: 30% Land, 70% Race Course... ___/) ____/)

"Be civil to all; sociable to many; familiar with few; friend to one; enemy to none"... Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Airgasm View Post
    That didn't take long...

Received my latest Atlantic Broadband Bill, including some new rate hikes!

Anyone else?
    I noticed. It went up for me about eight bucks. I called them up and asked wtf for, followed by how much am I paying for cable. I then signed up for Sling and although I'm not thrilled to death with the amount of channel selection (should have shopped around a little) I will be saving $76.00 per month. Funny as soon as I started questioning them, they tried to send me to their retention department. If they can afford to lower my bill through retention, why not just lower it period. Not sure who I hate more, Metrocast or Atlanta Broadband.

Members who have read this thread: 59