Thread: I missed when she went from a cooking show to pet food!

I missed when she went from a cooking show to pet food!

A man from New York is suing Rachael Ray’s “natural” dog food brand, Nutrish, for allegedly containing the “potentially harmful” herbicide glyphosate. In the $5 million class action lawsuit, Bronx resident Markeith Parks argues that it is deceiving for Nutrish to market its food as natural.

“These claims are false, deceptive, and misleading,” reads the suit, according to The Wrap. “The Products at issue are not ‘Natural.’ Instead, the Products contain the unnatural chemical glyphosate, a potent biocide and endocrine disruptor, with detrimental health effects that are still becoming known.”

The chemical, which is often used in weed killers such as Roundup, was found by tests done by an independent lab, state court papers according to the New York Daily News. While the suit says research shows glysphosate is a “probable” human carcinogen, the EPA says the chemical has “low toxicity” for humans.

http://fortune.com/2018/08/07/rachae...-food-lawsuit/

Blog Entries
    Rachael Ray is now a brand name, not a cooking person.

Apollo doesn't like her dog chow, not even the canned stuff. It looked good, like something humans would eat, but he sniffed and snubbed.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Registered User luvmygdaughters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    A man from New York is suing Rachael Ray’s “natural” dog food brand, Nutrish, for allegedly containing the “potentially harmful” herbicide glyphosate. In the $5 million class action lawsuit, Bronx resident Markeith Parks argues that it is deceiving for Nutrish to market its food as natural.

“These claims are false, deceptive, and misleading,” reads the suit, according to The Wrap. “The Products at issue are not ‘Natural.’ Instead, the Products contain the unnatural chemical glyphosate, a potent biocide and endocrine disruptor, with detrimental health effects that are still becoming known.”

The chemical, which is often used in weed killers such as Roundup, was found by tests done by an independent lab, state court papers according to the New York Daily News. While the suit says research shows glysphosate is a “probable” human carcinogen, the EPA says the chemical has “low toxicity” for humans.

http://fortune.com/2018/08/07/rachae...-food-lawsuit/
    Oh Great!! My girl loves the Nutrish food. On to another search for something the hussy will eat!!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    Oh Great!! My girl loves the Nutrish food. On to another search for something the hussy will eat!!
    "...[T]he suit says research shows [it] is a "probable" human carcinogen...." Tarred by the broad brush of non-specificity; a typical lawyer tactic. I suspect the goal of the suit is a "cash grab": the plaintiff's banking on Rachel Ray/Nutrish's manufacturer settling to stop the bad press this suit was filed to generate (in exchange, of course, for a NDA).

My pets like the stuff; my research beforehand eventually arrived at the EPA position's on glysophate. Just about anything can be a carcinogen; it's really a matter of probability and level of certainty. While further research may prove me wrong, at this point I think the probability is low and that this conclusion has a relatively high level of certainty (that glysophate is not a problem...).

--- End of line (MCP)
    Last edited by Yooper; 08-07-2018 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Spelling, Clarification
    I'm with Flynn.

Registered User luvmygdaughters's Avatar
    "The lawsuit states that the source of the chemical isn’t known, but speculates “crops such as peas, soy, corn, beets and alfalfa are sprayed with the chemical in order to dry them and produce an earlier, more uniform harvest.” These foods are then used in the dog food."

I dont know, do they do the same thing with the vegetables that are harvested for human consumption?

glysophate

is the latest Progressive boggy man after Silicon Breast Implants, Asbestos, 2nd Hand Smoke
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    glysophate
    is the latest Progressive boggy man after Silicon Breast Implants, Asbestos, 2nd Hand Smoke
    I thought it was vaccines

One of our little dogs was eating Beneful when we adopted her. She had so much gas that she would nearly run us all out of the room. We switched to Nutrish and *poof*, the gas is gone. She is a lot more pleasant to be around now. Our other little guy would eat cat turds if you put them in front of him, so he had no issues with the change in brands. Everybody is happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I thought it was vaccines

nope the enviro's are going after Round UP, based on a bogus UN Report
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Members who have read this thread: 42