I missed when she went from a cooking show to pet food!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
A man from New York is suing Rachael Ray’s “natural” dog food brand, Nutrish, for allegedly containing the “potentially harmful” herbicide glyphosate. In the $5 million class action lawsuit, Bronx resident Markeith Parks argues that it is deceiving for Nutrish to market its food as natural.

“These claims are false, deceptive, and misleading,” reads the suit, according to The Wrap. “The Products at issue are not ‘Natural.’ Instead, the Products contain the unnatural chemical glyphosate, a potent biocide and endocrine disruptor, with detrimental health effects that are still becoming known.”

The chemical, which is often used in weed killers such as Roundup, was found by tests done by an independent lab, state court papers according to the New York Daily News. While the suit says research shows glysphosate is a “probable” human carcinogen, the EPA says the chemical has “low toxicity” for humans.

http://fortune.com/2018/08/07/rachael-ray-dog-food-lawsuit/

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Rachael Ray is now a brand name, not a cooking person.

Apollo doesn't like her dog chow, not even the canned stuff. It looked good, like something humans would eat, but he sniffed and snubbed.

luvmygdaughters

A man from New York is suing Rachael Ray’s “natural” dog food brand, Nutrish, for allegedly containing the “potentially harmful” herbicide glyphosate. In the $5 million class action lawsuit, Bronx resident Markeith Parks argues that it is deceiving for Nutrish to market its food as natural.

“These claims are false, deceptive, and misleading,” reads the suit, according to The Wrap. “The Products at issue are not ‘Natural.’ Instead, the Products contain the unnatural chemical glyphosate, a potent biocide and endocrine disruptor, with detrimental health effects that are still becoming known.”

The chemical, which is often used in weed killers such as Roundup, was found by tests done by an independent lab, state court papers according to the New York Daily News. While the suit says research shows glysphosate is a “probable” human carcinogen, the EPA says the chemical has “low toxicity” for humans.

http://fortune.com/2018/08/07/rachael-ray-dog-food-lawsuit/

:faint: Oh Great!! My girl loves the Nutrish food. On to another search for something the hussy will eat!!

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
:faint: Oh Great!! My girl loves the Nutrish food. On to another search for something the hussy will eat!!

"...[T]he suit says research shows [it] is a "probable" human carcinogen...." Tarred by the broad brush of non-specificity; a typical lawyer tactic. I suspect the goal of the suit is a "cash grab": the plaintiff's banking on Rachel Ray/Nutrish's manufacturer settling to stop the bad press this suit was filed to generate (in exchange, of course, for a NDA).

My pets like the stuff; my research beforehand eventually arrived at the EPA position's on glysophate. Just about anything can be a carcinogen; it's really a matter of probability and level of certainty. While further research may prove me wrong, at this point I think the probability is low and that this conclusion has a relatively high level of certainty (that glysophate is not a problem...).

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

luvmygdaughters

"The lawsuit states that the source of the chemical isn’t known, but speculates “crops such as peas, soy, corn, beets and alfalfa are sprayed with the chemical in order to dry them and produce an earlier, more uniform harvest.” These foods are then used in the dog food."

I dont know, do they do the same thing with the vegetables that are harvested for human consumption?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
glysophate

is the latest Progressive boggy man after Silicon Breast Implants, Asbestos, 2nd Hand Smoke

NextJen

Raisin cane
One of our little dogs was eating Beneful when we adopted her. She had so much gas that she would nearly run us all out of the room. We switched to Nutrish and *poof*, the gas is gone. She is a lot more pleasant to be around now. Our other little guy would eat cat turds if you put them in front of him, so he had no issues with the change in brands. Everybody is happy!