New genre of artificial intelligence programs take computer hacking to another level

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
That warning from security researchers is driven home by a team from IBM Corp. who have used the artificial intelligence technique known as machine learning to build hacking programs that could slip past top-tier defensive measures. The group will unveil details of its experiment at the Black Hat security conference in Las Vegas on Wednesday.

State-of-the-art defenses generally rely on examining what the attack software is doing, rather than the more commonplace technique of analyzing software code for danger signs. But the new genre of AI-driven programs can be trained to stay dormant until they reach a very specific target, making them exceptionally hard to stop.

No one has yet boasted of catching any malicious software that clearly relied on machine learning or other variants of artificial intelligence, but that may just be because the attack programs are too good to be caught.

Researchers say that, at best, it's only a matter of time. Free artificial intelligence building blocks for training programs are readily available from Alphabet Inc's Google and others, and the ideas work all too well in practice.

"I absolutely do believe we're going there," said Jon DiMaggio, a senior threat analyst at cybersecurity firm Symantec Corp. "It's going to make it a lot harder to detect."

New genre of artificial intelligence programs take computer hacking to another level

parsond

I think it would be logical to assume that with the development of artificial intelligence for creating malware and hacking, so will the means of protecting and monitoring with the help of the same artificial intelligence. Studying computer science and AI using Assignment EssayShark resource, I realized that these are interconnected things, so most likely AI in this area (and not only) will reach a new level.