Thread: Scabies

Scabies

TheBayNet is reporting scabies and mice infestation at the Charlotte Hall Veterans Home.

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/08...eranshome.html

Scabies is awful! BELIEVE ME! Where my uncle Stanley worked one time their whole break room got infected with scabies. He was so upsetted by it because that break room was awesome and everybody eated lunch at a different time so he could go in there by hisself and sit and eat or listen to the radio or cut his toenails or draw. Then it got infected and that boss told my uncle to take his sandwich and go eat it outside while a bunch of guys with masks came in and sprayed it with poison for 3 whole days. Nobody got to use that breakroom for 2 weeks after that and only 1 guy was even allowed to go in there at all and just to get people's lunches for them. Then they had to take their lunch and eat it outside or in the bathroom next to the breakroom. My uncle never even heard of scabies before that and he thought that boss said it was infected with babies so he just laughed and thought it was a joke. Then he looked it up and found out what they was. He said he never even ever saw one the whole time but he got so scared by all of it and how they got all the way here from Egypt and infected the breakroom that he just quit that job. He said it was just not worth getting ripped to shreds or turned into a mummy by them beetles.

Quote Originally Posted by RodRugg View Post
    Scabies is awful! BELIEVE ME! Where my uncle Stanley worked one time their whole break room got infected with scabies. He was so upsetted by it because that break room was awesome and everybody eated lunch at a different time so he could go in there by hisself and sit and eat or listen to the radio or cut his toenails or draw. Then it got infected and that boss told my uncle to take his sandwich and go eat it outside while a bunch of guys with masks came in and sprayed it with poison for 3 whole days. Nobody got to use that breakroom for 2 weeks after that and only 1 guy was even allowed to go in there at all and just to get people's lunches for them. Then they had to take their lunch and eat it outside or in the bathroom next to the breakroom. My uncle never even heard of scabies before that and he thought that boss said it was infected with babies so he just laughed and thought it was a joke. Then he looked it up and found out what they was. He said he never even ever saw one the whole time but he got so scared by all of it and how they got all the way here from Egypt and infected the breakroom that he just quit that job. He said it was just not worth getting ripped to shreds or turned into a mummy by them beetles.

Quote Originally Posted by RodRugg View Post
    I :heart: storytime!
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Forkian View Post
    TheBayNet is reporting scabies and mice infestation at the Charlotte Hall Veterans Home.

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/08...eranshome.html
    These veterans deserve better. Sad.

Members who have read this thread: 71