Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Time to put the DJmobile out to pasture

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    3 k for a quality rebuilt engine .....
    2 k for a quality rebuilt trans .....

paint who really cares

vs a 30 thousand dollar new vehicle ... [or more]
    Took a very skilled buddy and I over 100 man-hours to swap out a blown 3.3 V6 in a Nissan Frontier 4x4. In-family job; did it mostly for free labor and the parts cost was around 3 grand total. I wouldn't touch another swap like that if you paid me the $100+ and hour that any shop would charge..

I admit I DID consider rebuilding the straight 6 in my 2000 Cherokee..before the transmission started acting funny, the heater core went out, and a strange noise started emanating from the right front wheel...
    Last edited by Gilligan; 08-09-2018 at 03:16 PM.
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Took a very skilled buddy and I over 100 man-hours to swap out a blown 3.3 V6 in a Nissan Frontier 4x4.
    wtf ....

I guess I am spoiled with easy to work on 96 Ford Broncos, FSJ Grand Wagoneers .....
    my Aviator does not look too bad, but I am getting to old to work in my own #### anymore

I admit I DID consider rebuilding the straight 6 in my 2000 Cherokee..before the transmission started acting funny, the heater core went out, and a strange noise started emanating from the right front wheel

seriously that is all cheap #### to fix compared to a 50k note .... what you probably lack is TIME
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

wtf ....

I guess I am spoiled with easy to work on 96 Ford Broncos, FSJ Grand Wagoneers .....
    my Aviator does not look too bad, but I am getting to old to work in my own #### anymore

seriously that is all cheap #### to fix compared to a 50k note .... what you probably lack is TIME
    Time is too valuable and a limited commodity. I have too many projects that are competing for it.

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan View Post
    time is too valuable and a limited commodity. I have too many projects that are competing for it.
    must...not... Comment. Must...leave ...it ...for ...mg.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Comment. Must...leave ...it ...for ...mg.
    I dont' think SOMDs resident Hall Monitor gets up this early.

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    must...not... Comment. Must...leave ...it ...for ...mg.
    Come on...let's have it...Name:  club.gif
Views: 48
Size:  700 Bytes

Todays project. Well, it was yesterdays, but due to Amazon not getting the new pump ($130 for Bosch, vice $240 at the local guys store brand) not getting the new one here til tomorrow. Of course, the 2015 Jeep acted up two days back and is in the shop. Two other vehicles here, both stick, so I'm driving the wife around. :)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e46 fuel pump.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	124213
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post

Of course, the 2015 Jeep acted up two days back and is in the shop.

Your Misfortunes are, well unfortunate ... I'll stick to my cheap(er) used vehicles
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Your Misfortunes are, well unfortunate ... I'll stick to my cheap(er) used vehicles
    Missus had her 2018 Rav4 back to the dealership twice to track down a battery drain that was leaving it dead if it sat more than 24-36 hours. Second time they really went after the problem with all sorts of current detecting stuff hooked up. Turned out the heater in the driver's seat was coming on randomly, even when vehicle was parked and shut down.

Not fixed yet...just disconnected the seat heater harness...

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Missus had her 2018 Rav4 back to the dealership twice to track down a battery drain that was leaving it dead if it sat more than 24-36 hours. Second time they really went after the problem with all sorts of current detecting stuff hooked up. Turned out the heater in the driver's seat was coming on randomly, even when vehicle was parked and shut down.

Not fixed yet...just disconnected the seat heater harness...
    The Rise of the Machines. They're just now starting to feel out their range and power.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Members who have read this thread: 54