Melania Trump’s Parents Become U.S. Citizens

Fitch

Using ‘Chain Migration’ Trump Hates.

President Trump has repeatedly and vehemently denounced what he calls “chain migration,” in which adult American citizens can obtain residency for their relatives.

On Thursday, his Slovenian in-laws, Viktor and Amalija Knavs, became United States citizens in a private ceremony in Manhattan by taking advantage of that same family-based immigration program.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/09/nyregion/melania-trumps-parents-become-us-citizens.html

:drummer:

officeguy

Yup, that's the famous chain migration. They didn't do anything beyond having a pretty daughter who was able to hire a good enough lawyer to get her a greencard based on the critical skill of modeling.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Melania’s parents might be colluding with the Russians. Mueller should investigate that, and spend more tax payer dollars for nothing.

Last edited:

This_person

President Trump has repeatedly and vehemently denounced what he calls “chain migration,” in which adult American citizens can obtain residency for their relatives.

On Thursday, his Slovenian in-laws, Viktor and Amalija Knavs, became United States citizens in a private ceremony in Manhattan by taking advantage of that same family-based immigration program.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/09/nyregion/melania-trumps-parents-become-us-citizens.html

Maybe stuff like this is WHY he's so against chain migration? Who wants their in-laws closer?

But, to be serious, you're suggesting that the fact people are following the law is not a reason to change it? Then, would NOT following the law be a reason to change it? Because, we have millions of people NOT following immigration law now.

This_person

are you that obtuse ..... LB is obviously calling Trump a Hypocrite

That's like saying all the people who are rich and say they should pay more taxes are hypocrites because the law already allows them to pay more taxes if they think they should. They clearly don't want to pay more taxes, or they would.

I mean, these people are just following the law, right?

the-awkward-moment-when-your-sarcasm-is-so-advanced-people-actually-think-you-are-stupid-meme-14.jpg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I mean, these people are just following the law, right?

I agree ..... I have no dog in this fight

I despise Obamacare, but it is the only thing keeping me employed right now
[no I don't work for the health exchanges]

Hijinx

did the cockroaches in the obamma lineage obtain citizenship?

I don't know if they got citizenship or not, but pretty sure they got welfare.

But WTH we aren't crucifying Obama today we are out to get Trump.
So why bring up Obama's lovely Aunt and drunken Uncle, better to take a shot at Trump.

On second thought who are the hypocrite's ,Trump for having a foreign wife who's parents become citizens.
Or people who didn't complain about Obama's Aunt and Uncle on welfare, but get on Trumps ass?

My vote is for Tranny. Tranny the hypocrite.

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
did the cockroaches in the obamma lineage obtain citizenship?

His aunt who was ordered to leave stuck around and got welfare. I bet the first lady's family doesn't end up in welfare.

I wonder if they will move into the white house like Michelle's mom ended up living in the house that slaves built.

Grumpy

Isn't it great when immigrants follow the law as written?? :yay:

Chris0nllyn

I don't know if they got citizenship or not, but pretty sure they got welfare.

But WTH we aren't crucifying Obama today we are out to get Trump.
So why bring up Obama's lovely Aunt and drunken Uncle, better to take a shot at Trump.

On second thought who are the hypocrite's ,Trump for having a foreign wife who's parents become citizens.
Or people who didn't complain about Obama's Aunt and Uncle on welfare, but get on Trumps ass?

My vote is for Tranny. Tranny the hypocrite.

Do you recall only a few short years ago? When you bitched and moaned to Larry about brining up George Bush well into the Obama Presidency?

BDS, It's killing you Larry. You just cannot get over it.
Maybe Bush was horrible in your opinion, but compared to this Jackass he was a Prince.

Of course compared to this Jackass Jimmy Carter was a Prince.

At least we had some inkling of Bush's past. The Democrats screamed bloody murder that Bush used drug, they accused Laura of murder by auto, they even laughed whe he was hanged in effigy.
This clown we have no idea how he got into 3 different colleges, what his thesis was, what his grades were , we aren't even sure what hospital he was born in, or who hie read daddy was. The tick turd accused George Bush of being irresponsible for increasing the debt and then he comes in and increases it two-fold. Bush's big mistake was getting rid of Hussein IMO. Hussein was a rotten bastard, but that is what the people in Iraq deserve. He knew how to treat them. Then you complain of Bush's Foreign policy and this turkey copied it and made it worse. You complain of the Patriot act and Clown-boy copied that and made it worse.

You don't like Bush fine. I don't want to see another Bush in the WH either and will not vote for his brother. If the Republican leadership picks Bush for President, I will wish Hillary a happy term. But lets not forget that no matter what Bush did couldn't hold the light for this perick to run by.
I'll take Bush any day. You can have Obama.
How do you tell them apart? I'd take neither.
It isn't a problem for most of us who aren't afflicted with BDS.
Uh huh. So how come his brother hasn't sewn this thing up? Or some other establishment dude? You go on deluding yourself. George W. Bush ####ed this nation FAR more than Barack Obama's darkest dreams. And a LOT of people share that opinion. Now, this, of course assumes you are remotely for limited government.
Blah blah blah, same old BDS get over it .
Poor Larry. Bush disappointed him and he suffers from BDS, now the Republicans have disappointed him and he suffers from RDS.
Actually joined the Democrat party, now that was insane, next he will probably vote for Hillary, because she has never disappointed.
He expected a POS and she is, so he is happy with her.

Strange phenomenon . One never knows how disappointment will make one cut off his nose to spite his face.
I'd take her over Obama. Or Biden. Or Dubbya. As long as their was an R congress.

You are a sick man Gude. That BDS is affecting your mind. Anyone who would vote for Hillary, their elevator doesn't go to the top floor.

A Republican Congress is useless as Teats on a bull. there are only 5 people in it who still have a pair. The rest are as bad as the Democrats.

A fact you have stated yourself.
I am sure the Veterans Administration is looking for ways to cut them off from the care they deserve.
Obama and his administration have such a great record of looking after our Veterans.
We owe these people and numb nuts is not responsible for most of them.
I assume your BDS is pointing to George Bush for not having a great record for helping the Veterans Administration care for victims of the war, and forgetting that Bush has been gone for 7 years and the responsibility falls on Barrack Hussein Obama now and has for 7 years.

You do know Obama isn't President anymore, right?

SamSpade

This is why you change the law - if you don't like it, don't blame people who take advantage of it.

I didn't blame Warren Buffett when he made the famous claim that his *secretary* paid more - percentage-wise - than he did.
What financial tycoon WOULDN'T take advantage of the laws? I sure wouldn't trust him with my money if he didn't.

Don't like it - change the damned law.

You act as if everyone should be altruists - I don't see ANYONE doing that. We have David Hogg freaking out over guns, but hiring armed guards.
You want altruism? Try practicing it first - then I'll listen.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

So I take it you are in favor of ending chain migration?