Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: China fires SIX WARNINGS to US Navy in South China Sea ‘This is China...LEAVE IMMEDIATELY’

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    That wasn't a suggestion of actual shots fired - read the rest of the title and you can see that what was fired was verbal.

Gurps never suggested there were shots fired, he quoted the article.

Do people attack Gurps? Yes, you did, MidnightSpanker did, and a large group of people were talking about how misleading the title is. But, Gurps never suggested once, that I could find, these were artillery shots.
    My problem with this whole thing is the hypocrisy of it all. Certain 'people' on here like to attack others based on titles, article content, atricle origin, etc. however... all of the sudden NOW it is perfectly fine that the OP's title is totally misleading. I don't care who wrote it or where it came from. FIRED SIX WARNINGS is not an appropriate or accurate depiction of what occurred. "Communicated," "Verbalized," or even "Threatedend" would have been much better.

How many times have you or anyone you know said " Yep... I FIRED a conversation on the phone today?"

Really??
    I am not a PREMO member and therefore, am not afforded the protections of such.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleGround View Post
    My problem with this whole thing is the hypocrisy of it all. Certain 'people' on here like to attack others based on titles, article content, atricle origin, etc. however... all of the sudden NOW it is perfectly fine that the OP's title is totally misleading. I don't care who wrote it or where it came from. FIRED SIX WARNINGS is not an appropriate or accurate depiction of what occurred. "Communicated," "Verbalized," or even "Threatedend" would have been much better.

How many times have you or anyone you know said " Yep... I FIRED a conversation on the phone today?"

Really??
    I agree that it's grossly misleading. Many others did, too, and raised the concerns without suggesting Gurps fell for it or played it up improperly.

While I agree the title is misleading, it was done that way on purpose.

However I can think of many times where I told someone I "fired off an email" or "fired off a letter".

Syntax is everything. The addition of the word 'off' would have made a world of difference.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    However I can think of many times where I told someone I "fired off an email" or "fired off a letter".
    well yeah but....The MR/MG twins have to have something to chew on incessantly for a full day. Tomorrow is a brand new day.
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

Really??
    Examples, please? I will get on people for making a BS headline for a story, but dont think I've ever complained about the poster about a title if the title was copied.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Really??
    If you are so unhappy here why do you continue to post?
    Just float away like a fart in the wind, like Larry..
    No one cares.

Certain 'people' on here like to attack others based on titles, article content, atricle origin, etc.

Yep that would be MR ...
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

“Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Really??
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bye.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	124287
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Yep that would be MR ...
    dont post idioitic click bait and i wont call you an idiot for posting idiotic click bait.
    You have control over what you post here.
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

Members who have read this thread: 71