China fires SIX WARNINGS to US Navy in South China Sea ‘This is China...LEAVE IMMEDIATELY’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The US Navy P-8A Poseidon jet was flying at 16,500 feet to get a view of low-lying coral reefs that have been turned into garrisons with five-storey buildings, large radar installations, power plants and runways sturdy enough to carry large military aircraft.

During the flight that was giving journalists from CNN a rare look at the islands, the crew was warned six times by the Chinese military to get out of their territory.

A voice said: “US military aircraft, this is China ... leave immediately and keep out to avoid any misunderstanding.”

Each time the aircraft was challenged by the Chinese military, the US Navy crew's response was the same.

China fires SIX WARNINGS to US Navy in South China Sea ‘This is China...LEAVE IMMEDIATELY’

Hijinx

The US Navy P-8A Poseidon jet was flying at 16,500 feet to get a view of low-lying coral reefs that have been turned into garrisons with five-storey buildings, large radar installations, power plants and runways sturdy enough to carry large military aircraft.

During the flight that was giving journalists from CNN a rare look at the islands, the crew was warned six times by the Chinese military to get out of their territory.

A voice said: “US military aircraft, this is China ... leave immediately and keep out to avoid any misunderstanding.”

Each time the aircraft was challenged by the Chinese military, the US Navy crew's response was the same.

Just wondering why CNN reporters were on the flight.
They will report the islands as beach resorts and marina docking facilities.

This_person

The repsonse was: "I am a sovereign immune United States naval aircraft conducting lawful military activities beyond the national airspace of any coastal state.

"In exercising these rights as guaranteed by international law, I am operating with due regard for the rights and duties of all states."

Waiting for the first actual shot.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I don't think anyone, except the flaming liberals like Tranny and his boyfriend Barry, thought for a moment that China was going to build those massive offshore military installations and then not use and defend them.

transporter

I don't think anyone, except the flaming liberals like Tranny and his boyfriend Barry, thought for a moment that China was going to build those massive offshore military installations and then not use and defend them.

Since you either didn't bother to read or can't read (which GURPS' obviously can't do based on the OP title andthe title of the source article)...

...no shots were "fired". The US plane was warned verbally. The US pilot replied verbally.

Nothing was "defended" as you say it was. Nothing was attacked.

Oh...btw here is the CNN article: https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/10/politics/south-china-sea-flyover-intl/index.html

No mention of beaches or resorts.

SamSpade

Since you either didn't bother to read or can't read (which GURPS' obviously can't do based on the OP title andthe title of the source article)...

...no shots were "fired". The US plane was warned verbally. The US pilot replied verbally.

Nothing was "defended" as you say it was. Nothing was attacked.

Did I misread something?

Who said it WAS?

glhs837

Power with Control
I've been seeing that language since yesterday and I want to slap the ever-loving crap out of whatever Brit decided to use the term "fire" regarding verbal warnings to an aircraft. Now this tactic is as old as patrol craft. we used to do it all the time, I've been warned away Iran, China, the USSR and a couple others over the years.

This_person

I've been seeing that language since yesterday and I want to slap the ever-loving crap out of whatever Brit decided to use the term "fire" regarding verbal warnings to an aircraft. Now this tactic is as old as patrol craft. we used to do it all the time, I've been warned away Iran, China, the USSR and a couple others over the years.

Intentionally-incendiary language designed to provoke a reaction from the casual, skimming-of-headlines reader.

Midnightrider

Did I misread something?
Did you read the idiotic headline?
Who said it WAS?

It’s a shame idiots like gurps get sucked in and then propagate these stupid stories