Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ethanol sucks..news at 11

Ethanol sucks..news at 11

Well..DUH!

The devastating report — based on, yes, actual "science" — shows that the forced addition of ethanol to the nation's gasoline is making our air dirtier.

The irony, of course, is that ethanol's entire rationale is that it would make our air cleaner.

Why do we keep doing this? The farm-based ethanol lobby not only wants current standards of up to 10% of our fuel made up of ethanol (the "E10" standard), but would like to see it rise to 15% (E15). And, unfortunately, President Trump seems open to the idea.

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...onment-damage/
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

It destroys fuel economy.

Every time I find a place that doesn't mix fuel, aka no ethanol, my mileage goes up.

Cue Tranny in 3... 2....
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    It destroys fuel economy.

Every time I find a place that doesn't mix fuel, aka no ethanol, my mileage goes up.
    It destroys older vehicle, marine and small engines and their fuel systems. It's been a disaster for the marine industry and pretty much the same for the small-engine industry. The latter has resorted to selling "approved" fuel in 1-gallon cans at Lowes and the like....ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Cue Tranny in 3... 2....
    :tingles:

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    :tingles:
    Steady.

You'll short out your pacemaker.

It destroys older vehicle, marine and small engines and their fuel systems. It's been a disaster for the marine industry and pretty much the same for the small-engine industry. The latter has resorted to selling "approved" fuel in 1-gallon cans at Lowes and the like....ridiculous...
    Yep, been striggling to get the one year old pressure washer going, even witn marina fuel and stabil. Emptied it and put that canned stuff in, fired right up first pull. Crazy expensive, but if it ####ing works.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Crazy expensive, but if it ####ing works.
    Yep. And yet another untallied cost inflicted on us by the existence of ethanol in motor fuels.

Yep. And yet another untallied cost inflicted on us by the existence of ethanol in motor fuels.
    I hear that..leaf blower, chainsaw, weekeater, etc all get canned stuff. Had to replace a carburetor on my generator because of ethanol..so far(3 yrs) generator works fine with regular gas as long as I cut the gas off and let the engine starve out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    ... as long as I cut the gas off and let the engine starve out.
    I always do that on anything that has a shutoff valve. Gave up on the gas chainsaw and got an electric.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Members who have read this thread: 26