What happened to a 3D printed gun at the range?

Chris0nllyn

It took 36-hours and $10 worth of plastic to print 13 pieces that he assembled into the pistol. That convenience is what worries critics. But the quality of fully printed plastic firearms is another issue
We took him to Eagle Gun Range in Farmer’s Branch where owner David Prince wanted to see this printed plastic pistol for himself and agreed to let Michael test fire it. He added a one-inch roofing nail as the firing pin and then inserted a single .380-caliber bullet into the barrel.
After moving everyone back for safety, Prince pulled the string to fire the pistol and the gun blew itself apart.
https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/w...medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Shocker.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Only confirms what I thought and said all along.

A lot of Democrap hysteria for nothing.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Only confirms what I thought and said all along.

A lot of Democrap hysteria for nothing.

What makes me laugh out loud are the pictures the left-wing media (that's redundant..I know) uses when discussing the potential horrors of 3D printing plastic guns. A perfect knockoff 1911, for example..that would blow up so spectacularly it would be worth the video just for the laughs.

The left-wing media are counting on having an audience filled with Sappys, Trannys and Fish Bois...people who know less than nothing about firearms..

black dog

Free America
They are making way to much gun for what's needed, how about this in plastic with a 1" sleeve out of steel for a barrel?
Or just steel and a person carries half of it in different areas..

IMG_20180810_154837037.jpg

IMG_20180810_154906062.jpg

IMG_20180810_154937856.jpg

officeguy

Someone should tell them that there are 3D printers that work directly in sintered titanium and stainless steel.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That's the same exact ####ing gun.

The only difference between the two is the one in the article chose a 22 rimfire.

The absolute bottom end of cartridges it could possibly Use.

Tranny must lead a sheltered life. I learned how to use a transistor radio antennae and a hacksaw blade to make a zip gun back in middle school. Sometimes you only need one little surprise to equalize a confrontation.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Tranny must lead a sheltered life. I learned how to use a transistor radio antennae and a hacksaw blade to make a zip gun back in middle school. Sometimes you only need one little surprise to equalize a confrontation.

Hell.... he may not have ever seen a transistor radio.

:shrug: I've used a restaurant straw and feathered toothpick off my sandwich to make a blow dart. Very accurate.

Point is, anything can be made into a weapon with a little thought.

Hijinx

:shrug: I've used a restaurant straw and feathered toothpick off my sandwich to make a blow dart. Very accurate.

Point is, anything can be made into a weapon with a little thought.

If it was a plastic straw you could get a year in prison and a large fine in California.