Chicago police confronted over Nike “bait truck” left to target black youth

Salmon

This BS strains relations between the police and the community. They would never pull this stunt in a majority white neighborhood. #whiteprivilege #racism

Chicago P.D. has come under fire for allegedly entrapping black youth by leaving a “bait truck” filled with Nike shoes in a poor neighborhood near a basketball court where kids were playing.

Local activists and community members confronted a group of police in the city of Englewood over the incident, claiming they left open the “bait truck” in order to lure potential thieves and make arrests.

“Y’all dirty, man,” a man tells officers in an online video of the incident published Thursday. “Y’all see kids playing ball and you pull a f—– Nike truck into the ghetto.”

https://www.eurweb.com/2018/08/chic...r-nike-bait-truck-left-to-target-black-youth/

officeguy

Yeah, because the bait truck is the problem, not the criminal scum that takes stuff that is not theirs to take.

Idiot.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Conveniently left out of Salmon’s article........

“In the recent past, individuals broke into parked freight containers in the Chicago area, stealing a range of consumer goods, to include guns and ammunition in transit,” Norfolk Southern spokesperson Susan Terpay said in an email to Vox. “Norfolk Southern has the responsibility to ensure the freight we are transporting is safely delivered and does not pose a risk to the communities in which we operate. This week’s police operation was intended to directly combat such unacceptable thefts.”

BOP

you're right they wouldn't pull it in a white neighborhood.

Because it wouldn't get robbed. :killingme

In most white neighborhoods, people be knocking on the door "Hey, are you getting rid of that? Do you mind if I take it?"

Hijinx

I don't have a problem with the bait truck, but what kind of criminal do you catch with the bait they are using.?
Some kid stealing a pair of sneakers. BFD.
Petty theft.

Put something out there that will get a professional thief 5 years. Stop diddling around and encouraging kids that should know better, but take advantage of the situation offered.

Salmon

I don't have a problem with the bait truck, but what kind of criminal do you catch with the bait they are using.?
Petty theft.

Put something out there that will get a professional thief 5 years. Stop diddling around and encouraging kids that should know better, but take advantage of the situation offered.
You are missing the point. This is bad public policy.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Petty theft.

You haven't seen what the stupid bastards are paying for these shoes, have you? It's like bling wheels on a 1993 Corolla. It's all about flash, no substance.

A couple pair ought to fetch a five year sentence.

Salmon

You haven't seen what the stupid bastards are paying for these shoes, have you? It's like bling wheels on a 1993 Corolla. It's all about flash, no substance.

A couple pair ought to fetch a five year sentence.
5 years for petty theft?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

You are missing the point. They are born and bred to steal. They feel entitled to take what they want, regardless of who it hurts. They ought to rig the trucks with a halon system. No money wasted on court/appeals.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
5 years for petty theft?

Have you seen what kind of money these shoes bring? This is easily grand theft.

Edit: Grand Theft Nike would be a good name for a rock band.

:larry:

Last edited:

transporter

Of course they are missing the point. You only have 140 posts on here...most of the folks on here (the ones who have replied) think all brown people are bad. That mentality was a key factor in the voting in 2016 and remains the main reason why they still support an incompetent, inept and unqualified President as he does major damage to this country. They think Laura Ingraham was spot on in her commentary about America's "demographics" turning the country into something they didn't vote for.

They don't think poor white kids steal or commit crimes.

When there is a mass shooting and the perp is a brown person, they scream for the death penalty...for banning all Muslisms...

When there is a mass shooting and the perp is white, they scream about their 2a rights...and the definition of "assault rifle".

It is amazing and regular as clockwork.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Of course they are missing the point. You only have 140 posts on here...most of the folks on here (the ones who have replied) think all brown people are bad. That mentality was a key factor in the voting in 2016 and remains the main reason why they still support an incompetent, inept and unqualified President as he does major damage to this country. They think Laura Ingraham was spot on in her commentary about America's "demographics" turning the country into something they didn't vote for.

They don't think poor white kids steal or commit crimes.

When there is a mass shooting and the perp is a brown person, they scream for the death penalty...for banning all Muslisms...

When there is a mass shooting and the perp is white, they scream about their 2a rights...and the definition of "assault rifle".

It is amazing and regular as clockwork.
nah...I think that ALL people who steal are bad.

SamSpade

I can't think of any neighborhood I grew up in where placing a "bait truck" would have had any desired effect.
More likely, after a few days of being ignored, people would start calling the company and complaining their damned truck was blocking the road.

On the other hand - I lived for years in a mostly Italian neighborhood. While I never knew specifics, the stories were very likely true.
You'd hear about a burglary - and a few days later the cops would find a body in the woods with a single bullet shot to the back of the head.
Needless to say, there weren't a LOT of robberies when I lived there.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Tranny and Fishboy would respond to an infestation of vermin in their house by removing all the food.