Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings from the Poconos!

Registered User acommondisaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post

But yeah, I don't think you come to the Poconos for the culinary experience.
    We went to one potluck at our neighborhood lodge and pretty much decided that the homecooking wasn't much better than what we were getting at local restaurants. We've decide in the future, if we go again, we'll make a meal of our own to eat and bring a lot of booze. :D
    Chaos breathes life into routine.

Quote Originally Posted by acommondisaster View Post
    We went to one potluck at our neighborhood lodge and pretty much decided that the homecooking wasn't much better than what we were getting at local restaurants. We've decide in the future, if we go again, we'll make a meal of our own to eat and bring a lot of booze. :D
    Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    That makes him a hoot and 3/4!

Blog Entries
    I took a walk to fish a small community pond a couple of blocks over from where we are staying. The recent rains must have aided the bug population because they were swarming all around my face and head. I managed to catch 1 fish before the plague ran me off. Later I went swimming. The surface of the pool was covered with hundreds of gnats. It look like someone dumped a pound of black pepper in the pool. While we have occasionally encountered bugs in our travels, I don't think I ever saw gnats to this degree.

Then there is the pool filter. Every day there are about 3-4 dead frogs in there. The other morning there was a small snake in the there. I guess as long as no bears get us, I shouldn't complain. We haven't managed to burn the house down yet. The dogs seem to be getting along fine. Apollo is enjoying having an entire back yard to explore without being tethered to his leash. He will probably be the saddest of us all when it is time to leave here.
    War = Peace
    Freedom = Slavery
    Diversity = Strength

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.

I do have to admit, though, that the best pizza I ever had was at the Victory Pig - which is a bit of a drive south of you, on Wyoming Ave in Wyoming PA.

If for some reason you happen to be passing through, give it a try and tell me what you think.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds." Teddy Roosevelt

Members who have read this thread: 54